Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Dealer Question

BeerHunter

I plan on getting a Vaquero in the next couple of weeks for my birthday. From what I have heard, Tesoro does not want dealers to have "package" deals or throw in extras with a detector purchase and I have no problem with that. I was just wondering if I would be allowed to substitute, say a 5.75" concentric coil for the stock coil? I would understand maybe paying a restocking fee, but if the dealer can sell the stock 9X7 coil to someone else, shouldn't they allow the substitution? The thing is, what I will be using the Vaquero for I would be using the 5.75 concentric almost exclusively and the stock coil is just going to collect dust. Plus I only have a $500-$550 budget for the detector and a decent set of headphones. I have e-mailed two of the sponsor's on here who carry Tesoro's but never received a reply back from either one(about 1 week ago) so I am assuming it is something that is either not done or frowned upon. Does anyone know if substituting after market coils for stock coils is allowed?
Cheers,
Jim

Can't answer, but have had some quick feedback on other topics from some of the dealers ... wondering if maybe they are at shows this time of year. Might try a phone call, I have found phone calls to frequently provide quicker response and more detailed information.

Wish you a happy birthday and hope it includes the set up you want.
Cheers,
tvr

Gotta agree; give them a call. As a former email administrator, I know from experience that you can't always rely on it.

Relic