Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro coil questions. 4 pin or 5 pin connector?

Dirtdigger33

I know with enough research on my part I could find the answer to this question but I figured I would just ask because there are multiple people on here who probably know the answer. I do not own any of the following detectors, but wish I did. The question is, does the Golden Umax, Silver Umax and Deleon all have 5 pin connectors for the cable connector. I have all 5 pin connector Tesoro detectors and I have been looking at purchasing aftermarket coils made by companies NEL, Fors, or Detech specifically the smaller coils. The 9x5.5 sharpshooter by NEL or the 10X6 made by Detech. Has anyone tried these coils.? They all say they are for the Silver Umax, Golden Umax or Deleon. If these are all 5 Pin detectors would the work on an Eldorado Umax or Bandido ii Umax that have 5 pin connectors and ground balance? Sorry for all the questions just one more. If you have tried these coils did you notice any difference in the performance of them vs the standard Tesoro coils? Even if you can answer only one or two questions please respond. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. HH and good luck.

I can't answer all your questions unfortunately, but from my understanding, the 5 pin coils will fit all the
Tesoro models, except the Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon, and the Lobo Super Trac which use coils with 4 pins.
The coils for those detectors are referred to as "Delta" coils while the other coils are referred to as "Epsilon" coils (not sure if spelling is right).

I can't answer all your questions unfortunately, but from my understanding, the 5 pin coils will fit all the
Tesoro models, except the Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon, and the Lobo Super Trac which use coils with 4 pins.
The coils for those detectors are referred to as "Delta" coils while the other coils are referred to as "Epsilon" coils (not sure if spelling is right).
Thank you fwcrawford for your response. I knew about the coil differences and that the Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon and the Lobo all take a 4 pin coil connector and are referred to as Epsilon coils. I just am not sure if the Deleon, the Golden Umax and the Silver Umax are 4 or 5 pin coils and I just wanted to make sure before I drop $140-$160 on a coil.

I know with enough research on my part I could find the answer to this question but I figured I would just ask because there are multiple people on here who probably know the answer. I do not own any of the following detectors, but wish I did. The question is, does the Golden Umax, Silver Umax and Deleon all have 5 pin connectors for the cable connector. I have all 5 pin connector Tesoro detectors and I have been looking at purchasing aftermarket coils made by companies NEL, Fors, or Detech specifically the smaller coils. The 9x5.5 sharpshooter by NEL or the 10X6 made by Detech. Has anyone tried these coils.? They all say they are for the Silver Umax, Golden Umax or Deleon. If these are all 5 Pin detectors would the work on an Eldorado Umax or Bandido ii Umax that have 5 pin connectors and ground balance? Sorry for all the questions just one more. If you have tried these coils did you notice any difference in the performance of them vs the standard Tesoro coils? Even if you can answer only one or two questions please respond. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. HH and good luck.
Maybe this link will help you out

First link for Epsilon coils 5 Pins

Second Link is for Delta Coils 4 Pin

Thank you fwcrawford for your response. I knew about the coil differences and that the Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon and the Lobo all take a 4 pin coil connector and are referred to as Epsilon coils. I just am not sure if the Deleon, the Golden Umax and the Silver Umax are 4 or 5 pin coils and I just wanted to make sure before I drop $140-$160 on a coil.
The four pin coils are Delta coils five pin coils are Epsilon coils

The three detectors you are asking about all take the Epsilon 5 pin coils

Last edited:
Thank you to Crawford and oldkoot. My questions have been answered. Man I miss Tesoro being in business.