Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tenerife - Spain

JackyPT

Hi everyone

Going to Tenerife Spain, in near future for vacations.
I

I bet you can detect there, but I don't kow what the waves/currents are like. I prefer the calmness of the caribbean, makes it easier for water hunting.

I've never hunted in the Canarians but I have visited 5 out of 7 islands, including Tenerife. The rocks and sands are of volcanic origin, so bring a detector with excellent ground balancing capabilities. I've heard that there is a lot of competition from Spanish locals but I've never seen anyone. I prefer the quieter islands and beaches but I have visited the busier beaches on Gran Canaria. Maybe they only come out in the evenings and nights. Good luck. Kossie.

I have a bit of experience of Spanish islands. If the beach is life guarded you won't be able to beach detect while they are there, between 10 and 6. Early mornings and evenings are you best bet. You might find a cool lifeguard, or a beach that isn't guarded and you'll be good to go all day. If you're wading you might be ok, if you keep out of the way. If they come over show them that you're not spear fishing, and work in slowly. If the cops want they can take your machine (very un lightly) best to take the manual if you get any bother it will help so much. Good luck, post up your finds dude :) water wizard

Hi Guys

Thank you very much...
I

hi jackypt, water wizard is right -the sands are volcanic, especialy around los giantes-- the sand is black! dont know how this will affect a detector. have detected on the spanish mainland for years and never had a problem. the beach police ride past on thier dune buggys and never bat an eye lid. as long as your not causing a problem you should be ok. fill your holes! H.H steve