Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics T2 Updated Review

Silverman777

I bought the Teknetics T2 after many hours on the net looking at various makes models and prices. Properly confused and very weary a friend suggested I buy the T2 and I came across several websites blowing its horn. Then I looked at 2nd hand T2 machines thinking if they are good there wont be any for sale, and I was right I could not find a single one. So I dipped in my reserves and bought one. After several outings I am convinced I bought the best machine money can buy. With the right settings the T2 should be illegal! And here they are Sensitivity 70 Discrimination 5 and tone 2+ With this setting you will find more goodies than most other detectors and you can use it everywhere stubble pastures and ploughed levelled ground (Not for beach use) You will be able to hold your own everywhere just listen for the sounds. A high pitch sound is a good target a low grunt is iron. If you hear a high pitched sound and a grunt almost at the same time remember the T2 reset time is a part of a second, Dig it. When in doubt DIG but the T2 wont lie to you I dug many of the dodgy signals and found winners and yes some large pieces of iron because the electric conductivity is higher. But when the signal bounce, meaning move between high and low signals never giving the same reading on the meter then it is iron or rubbish dig a few convince yourself. Trust the T2s signals and listen carefully practice, bury a few different metals like silver copper and a gold ring and swing over it several times a day! Leave them buried so the ground can settle pour water over it; it helps to settle the ground. Then before you go out swing the T2 over your targets and listen and remember the sounds! Then you are ready to go and find the goodies! Do this; I know boring routine, as many times as you can till you know the sounds in your ears. When you do this keep your eyes closed and just listen ignore the meter because the meter can be wrong! It

Silverman, great post, thank you! Your insights are most welcome, sharing experiences using this excellent detector is one reason I so enjoy reading the posts on this forum.

I would like to add one setting I have been using lately to the list offered by Silverman. And it comes from an earlier post, I can't recall who posted it, but would give credit of I did. If the ground and surroundings allow, try setting the Sens to 99 the Disc to 4 and the tone on 2+. These settings go deep and if you listen for the tones and dig all the clear high tones you are going to find what others pass by.

Have fun! Thanks for the great advice Silverman!

Chuck.Ky,
I am in the UK and we have loads in the ground almost everywhere you point the T2 there is a Vicky penny or a relic or a silver hammered coin. So we dig everything and it pays, however the heavy grunt of iron I usually ignore. Have a look on my website http://www.pastfinders.co.uk and it should give you an idea what we have in the ground over here. Have a great Hunt.

S

Cal_Cobra,
Something like this? This is such a stunning coin I just have to share it with you guys! Value

Thanks Silverman 777. I appreciate your input and hours of tested settings. I just need to do a little more research on locations to hunt.

Lovely star shaped Brooch very old checking. Live 303 blank round. old buttons Some Dude's glasses, Silver name Tag Gregory, Musket balls Irish Harp button was gold plated. Vicky pennies and a few mounts may be Roman.
Sad day no Hammereds!! Only had three hours before the rain chased me off!
Have a good hunt!
S

Will update as soon as I get back going on a serious Hunt! Hope to have good pics...
Great Festive season for all!
S

Signal heeeehaaaaaaa hahaha
Have a good X-Mass you all I will be back soon! Doublevision she is called as I like me Whiskey LOL
S

I can say that I can see anything Roman on your pictures but there is a D shaped medieval buckle.
Ibought a S/H T2 a week ago and so far it has outstripped my trusty Cibola. Cut Hal .Halgroat of Henry 8th 20 odd small Roman coins Three late 17th Century farthings at messured depth of 8 inches in grass.Ans a rare mid Iron age brooch circa 300- BC now the frost has housebound me damm it !!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a deep digging holidays! I searched a large field and came upon a unknown Roman villa! Lots of coins and other stuff. Identifying the coins at the moment, Will update them on my website as soon as I have the details.
Was a great holiday and a great Hunt! (Lots of work for the Finds Liaison Officer!)
S

Now gents this one is so rare it deserves its own post! Off the Roman field Silver and good condition! Looks like she was minted yesterday!
As soon as I have better pictures I will put them up in the mean time......
Enjoy
S
Very rare coin Value about

[size=large][/size] Silver Man Your coin is a Silver Celt Circa 1st Century A.D.Looks like a Southern Type but I do not have my book handy. When I can beat the frost I shall be out on my Celtic field also. Picture one I found before the frost.

I have one thing against a Roman site, No hammereds! Haha, 17 Roman coins a few buttons and 3 bale seals.
Have a good Hunt.
S

On closer inspection this here Bronze Saxon Sceat tried to look like a Roman coin! My First Saxon coin. Unfortunately the reverse is destroyed.
Have a good hunt
S

The usual suspects Grotal bell Saxon Strap end complete, broken medieval buckle WW2 shrapnel! German Messerschmidt bullet .32 cal bullet Jetton and penny's and a RWA lapel flash194* George penny with a ship on the reverse and a Cat's eye! Sadly though a Very old Staff decoration bottom right broken must have been stunning when new! Possibly from the reign of Charles 1St it is decorated with his Rose farthing coin design.And a small Roman buckle.
I was not properly dressed for the occasion so I only had 5 hours in the field, Yeah I know it does not show commitment to my hobby LOL
Have a Good Hunt
S

Ok Ok Humble pie its not Atrebates! Its very rare one the 10th find of its kind half are in museums and the other's are in private collections. A Winner!
Better pictures.
Have a great Hunt.
S