Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics T2 SE is it really as good as they say.

KSDfisher77

Guys & gals I've been doing a Lil reading on the T2 SE & was wondering if it really is the relic hunter they claim it is. How does it do on coins?

This machine kinda has got me intrigued a bit. I've read alot of good things about it.

I think maybe I'd like to try 1.

Thanks any & all help is greatly appreciated.

I’ve never laid hands on one but I’ve also heard very good things. A friend who detects a lot and has owned many of the top tier detectors said it wasn’t worth a damn.. This may not seem much help except to say there is no guarantees that it’ll perform as you’d like until you actually use one. I’d recommend you find a used one that you can sell for what you paid in case you don’t like it.

Thanks MuddyMo. Yeah too bad there was not a site or store you could rent any metal detector under the sun. That would be ideal. But I don't think such a place exists.

Keith Southern, one of the best relic hunters, says it is one of his favorite detectors which, in my opinion, says a lot. I have an old non updated one, very "sparky", that I have used for a quite a few years and found me more coins than any of my other ones. There is a forum thread about using a pulse detector to find iffy targets and then trying to find them with VLF detectors. Numbers didn't matter. The T2 in all metal hit them but the new Deus, Equinox and others didn't respond in any way in any mode. Right now mine is in the back of my pickup with the Detech Arrow coil on it and a Nel Sharpshooter and Cors Shrew sitting in reserve. I don't think you can go wrong trying it. If you are ever in SE Colorado, PM me and you can try mine out. I would send mine to you to try but I still use it a lot.

Keith Southern, one of the best relic hunters, says it is one of his favorite detectors which, in my opinion, says a lot. I have an old non updated one, very "sparky", that I have used for a quite a few years and found me more coins than any of my other ones. There is a forum thread about using a pulse detector to find iffy targets and then trying to find them with VLF detectors. Numbers didn't matter. The T2 in all metal hit them but the new Deus, Equinox and others didn't respond in any way in any mode. Right now mine is in the back of my pickup with the Detech Arrow coil if i wason it and a Nel Sharpshooter and Cors Shrew sitting in reserve. I don't think you can go wrong trying it. If you are ever in SE Colorado, PM me and you can try mine out. I would send mine to you to try but I still use it a lot.
Lol if I was well off, I would own every detector. But just something about the T2 SE sparked a interest in. Yeah if I'm out that way sometime I'll hit you up. Maybe we can go dig something up.

I still have my T2SE. It is every bit as good as its reputation boasts,,,, found plenty of cool stuff with it. Lightweight, deep and only requires two AA batteries. It is a monster in all-metal. Boost Process is killer in the woods also. If I remember correctly, I mostly ran it a 2+ tones, discrim. at 21 and gain at 85 or so. It does like a rusty nail though. The 5" DD is surgical! I also have the NEL Sharpshooter and the Ultimate 13 coils.

All that said, I haven't detected with it in a while as I am really liking concentric coils these days, and that is not an option for the T2.

Good luck with your decision,,,, I can't imagine it disappointing anyone who take the time to learn it..

I still have my T2SE. It is every bit as good as its reputation boasts,,,, found plenty of cool stuff with it. Lightweight, deep and only requires two AA batteries. It is a monster in all-metal. Boost Process is killer in the woods also. If I remember correctly, I mostly ran it a 2+ tones, discrim. at 21 and gain at 85 or so. It does like a rusty nail though. The 5" DD is surgical! I also have the NEL Sharpshooter and the Ultimate 13 coils.

All that said, I haven't detected with it in a while as I am really liking concentric coils these days, and that is not an option for the T2.

Good luck with your decision,,,, I can't imagine it disappointing anyone who take the time to learn it..
Thanks. Do you know if they still are producing aftermarket coils for it? Like the NEL & the 13" ultimate which I imagine is made by Detech.

Thanks.

Sorry, I do not know if they are still being produced. Best bet would be to watch the classifieds on the various detecting sites.

BTW,, I mispoke,,,, the T2 takes 4 AA batteries as I think on it more.

There are Nel and Detech coils listed on big auction site. I have a Nel Tornado for mine which is usually somewhat deeper than the stock one unless the ground is too mineralized. Some people had trouble ground balancing with large coils. I have had places where the Tornado didn't want to balance doing my usual 8 or 10 inch down to an inch or two, but when I raised it up higher and didn't approach the ground so closely, it balanced just fine. If you hunt in all metal, this detector, in my opinion is as good as they come. If you want a deep coin hunter that gives really deep consistent numbers, there are better options. Mine is not going anywhere.