Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics T2 5" DD Search Coil

T2

Looking to get this smaller coil for Christmas and wondered if it was worth it? I have some old homesites with tons of nails and wondered if this would help sort out the goodies better. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

T2 said:
Looking to get this smaller coil for Christmas and wondered if it was worth it? I have some old homesites with tons of nails and wondered if this would help sort out the goodies better. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

I got one with the T2 Ltd, but I've not had the chance to use it yet. I was on an iron infested site in the week but only had a couple of hours before dark. Wanted to cover a bit of ground, but when I get a full day on there I'll be giving it a go and I'll let you know.

I use the 5" coil in trashy areas and it works great, its well worth the money. The depth of the 5" coil is great. The only problem I have had with the 5" coil is ground balancing, sometimes I have to manually ground balance becausr the detector will not ground balance with the fast grab method. HH

Jerry Murphy

Thanks Jerry, I have a lot of areas that have tons of brick and nail hits in the ground that I have found good stuff in the first 4-5 inches. I thought this coil would help in areas like that and glad to hear that it does. What settings would you suggest in trashy areas? I usually run it hot but thinking all the nail heads maybe over ridding the good stuff running my T2 that way.

Thanks again!

Beau

I have one also and they are worth the money like was mentioned. Only bad thing I can see is with bottlecaps. Registers them as coins. But I do not think any detector is immune from this.

I try to set sensivity to around 92-95 disc at 4 tones at 2+ or 3. Pinpointing is a snap with this coil. HH

Jerry Murphy