Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Question?

Is teknetics it's own company , or is it a branch off of another detector company. Just curious because I've heard the T-2 compared to the Fisher F75 a lot. Or is it just that they are comparable with their detecting abilities? Probably a dumb question , but I was just wondering. Thanks. I've owned a few Tesoros , a Garretts GTI 2500, and a Minelab E-Trac, but I haven't owned a fisher yet for some reason. My new T-2 that I'm getting next tuesday will be my first Teknetics detector. From what I've been hearing about the T-2 it sounds exactly like what I've been looking for in a detector. I can't wait until it arrives!!! CoinShooter-Craig

The T2 and F75 are very similar machines. The T2 was developed first, and the F75 was a take off from that. The T2 has a wider iron range, and some feel it is a better relic hunter. The F75 has some additional features that some feel are a benefit and some feel are not. The "some feel" leaves me immune from criticism from either side.

I, and quite a few others, have both the F 75 and T 2 and I find them both excellent coin and relic hunting machines. One of the things I personally like about the F 75 that the T 2 doesn't have is it saves your last settings. Certainly not a big deal, but is nice and handy. The F 75 also has a so called jewelry mode that when used is more sensitive to small jewelry and I use the mode frequently for relic hunting as it does very well on deep buttons. I kind of feel the F 75 may be just a tad deeper then the T 2, but that is just a sense I have as I have not compared them side by side. I do like the T 2 a little better in iron infested sites. Both with the proper disc. settings, high as possible sen. and using mono tone, are terrific for unmasking. HH jim tn

n/t

with all the iron signals you get with the t-2 that read as a good target how do you tell the iron from something good with only one tone. thanks.

I feel that I can tell when I am over iron with the T2 and I have only had it for a couple of days. When I get a nice high number and the pinpoint is off, the high number is the edge of the iron that it pinpoints over. I just go hunting and when I hear a good tone, I look at the numbers, if it is a decent number, I dig. Worked very well today!! I am really liking this machine!!