Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics pinpointer - any good??

I'm getting a Tekneics pinpointer with my new Delta and I was wondering if they are any good. I already have a Garrett pro pointer , so I'm probalbly goin to sell one or the other to my detecting buddy who needs a pinpointer. I know how much my Garretts cost be , but does anyone know what the Teknetics pinpointer sells for?? Thanks and happy hunting , CoinShooter-Craig

You can get the Teknetics pinpointer on Amazon for $46 with free shipping. They appear to be the same as the Bounty Hunter pinpointers except they are green and the BH is black. They beep and buzz at the same time and don't have a light. I have a BH and it is good for slightly over an inch detection of a quarter head on if you adjust it right. I don't have a Garrett but I hear they will detect over twice the distance. The BH pinpointer can had on Ebay for $40 with free shipping.

i had the pinpointer from harbor freight. when it quit working i bought a bounty hunter. with the harbor freight you activate it by pushing a button with the bounty hunter you turn it on, then it works when it comes near the metal. the only problem is you forget that its on when you put it away athe battery runs down. don't know how the teknetics works.

The accessory pinpointer turned out to be a bounty hunter. The Garrett propointer can detect metal close to 3 times further than the BH pointer , but then again the Garrett Propointer costs about three times as much. I'll just sell the BH pointer to my buddy for $15.00. Thanks for the posts and feedback. HH - CoinShooter-Craig