Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Omega sniffs 133 coins + gold in about 2 hours

imi_wakaranai

I went detecting at a Marine obstacle course at one of the Marine bases where I work overseas in Japan. I used the small 5" coil because that was on from a previous trashy-site hunt. I found 133 coins in a little over 2 hours. I found 65 dimes, 26 quarters and 22 nickels. My Omega loves dimes and quarters, but I haven't found a lot of nickels, so I was surprised to have found so many. My other coins consisted of luckily only 3 pennies, Japanese yen, and 3 foreign coins. I love finding Japanese coins. They mint a 500 Yen piece which is quite common. This is equivalent to about $6 USD. My total in coins came to about $28. I still have to check the dimes to see if there are any silvers.

Oh can I tell you about the gold? It showed up as foil, but I always dig foil, and I was shocked to see the nice 5.5 gram 14k men's wedding band waiting for me only 2 inches down. This was the busiest and most successful hunt of my career.

Sweet finds !!!!

And it hasn't seen a coil in quite some time...theres plenty more loot there! Nice Work!
Mud

Great hunt. I would love to fins a 500 yen also. Equals about six us dollars? Cool ! Great hunt Dan