Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics G2+

jecki

How do people find the Teknetics G2+ performance on wet sand? I am new to beach detecting and i am looking at a detector which i can use on the land and beach. i know it might be difficult to answer. I notice the racer is getting some good reviews. Any help would be great
Jecki

Over on the Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum, do a search for all dates and use words salt or saltwater. Don't see much on the new G2+ but there are several posts on using the G2 over wet salt sand.
tvr

It's the same machine as the Fisher F19 - you can manually ground balance it all the way to salt. Should work OK but like all single freq detectors will loose depth at the necessary GB setting.

Jecki,

You're welcome.

Dave Johnson is America's most productive metal detector designer. He's currently chief designer at first Texas corporation who makes Fisher and Technetics equipment. Recall reading somewhere that they posted about the goldbug series – which the G2 is a cosmetically different but electronically equipment member of recall reading somewhere that they posted about the goldbug series – which the G2 is a cosmetically different but electronically equipment member of. - that the folks at first Texas were very pleased in a bit surprised at how well these detectors performed on with salt sand.

I have a G2 plus – I can't speak from experience I haven't had it at the beach – but I wish you the best of luck.

Have taken the GBP , F19 to wet sand (salt) they will work but not going to get the depth like a multi freq machine, but yes they do work.

AJ