Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Customer Service First Texas

Thennigan

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to post this about my experience with First Texas customer service.
I had recently got a T

Bill,
It doesn't require any glue.In order to replace the broken collar system, you have to snap off the little ears that hold the original cam lock unit in place. The ears act like a set of locking tabs that keep the pieces held together as a unit. When you get the new parts they have to be aligned in a particular orientation and pressed together on the shaft. Once you have all the parts and the expansion piece setup correctly the whole thing just slips right in place, snaps together and functions properly. They sent instructions with the new cam lock , but it really is just a matter of looking at the design and assembling correctly. As you spin or turn the collar it ramps the little locking piece up and forces it into the shaft creating the bond that holds the shaft in place. Basically an internal ramp built into the collar ring that raises the locking piece outward to create tension and friction, becoming a locking collar. This little part has to be placed into it's cutout in order to move in and out from the shaft. It is really quite affective yet so simple in design. I thought there was more to replacing the part, but it all relies on breaking off the old piece and aligning and snapping the new parts into place. It's one of those projects where you could utilize another hand to hold stuff while you pinch everything into place correctly. Anyway I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving and Happy Hunting!!
Tony in Northeast Oklahoma

1st off, I want to thank Thennigan for the contact info for 1st Texas!! I had the same locking collar problem and my lower shaft is one of the early ones that are metal and plastic, it eas comming loose. I contacted Suzi by email and within a week, I had both parts on my doorstep. The only thing I had the problem with is the Fed Ex delivery, had to sign for it and when you work for a living they have to chase you down for that. Anyways, thanks again.

MO