Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon with SEF coil?

Crazy_Ed

Is anybody using either of the SEF coils on the Tejon? 10X12 or 12X15. I am interested in how stable they are and if there is a noticeable increase in depth. I have been using the 10X12 widescan and I notice a little more depth over the stock coil in the areas I hunt.

Halelujah!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be good to get an honest opinion and some good info on how this SEF coild works on the Tejon. Thanks Tejon_Man!!!

Got my coil yesterday but couoldnt get out to try it. Its been raining almost every day. The 10 day forecast isnt looking good either. I will keep you posted when i get out with it. Maybe tonight i will try some air tests

I set up the SEF coil on my Tejon last night, didnt get out detecting with it but i did some air tests with it. If it works like the air tests in the ground, look out. This thing is amaizing. I got 3" more depth than the stock coil on a penny. It might even be a little more than 3". I think this coil is going to outperform my explorer with the 11" slimline coil. Im hoping it is not raining out on saturday, i will definitely give this baby a test.

I got to play around with the SEF coil a little and it goes deep. It was to hot to do any serious detecting but the little i played with it, it is going to be a very impressive coil. I will continue to post as i use it more.

well i got mine for my vaquero last night and i got to play a little too, and noticed it will go deep the only thing i was concerned with was it was pretty smooth on some deep iron i got, let me know how you make out on the disc part of it would ya?

amcjavelin said:
... it was pretty smooth on some deep iron ...

With the Vaquero, were you running super tuned or was the threshold set to a usable level for pinpointing and all-metal use?

i was running threshold at 2:30 to 3:00 o'clock position then i played with sens and seemed to work better right between 8 and 9 and another thing i noticed catch alot of one way signals, what do you guys think somethings up with my machine or what and just got back from a hunt tonight and this is what i was experiencing did get one interesting item about a 11" deep looked like a brass old part of a spoon, listening to any sugestions?

My experience / opinions:
My Cibola (Vaquero should be very similar) has threshold usable for pinpointing at about 12:00. Super tuned at more than a threshold at between 1 and 2 o'clock and iron is not discriminated out very well. The higher the super tuning (higher threshold setting) the more discrimination is lost on iron. Iron bigger than small nails starts sounding very sweet and even some of the small nails sound too smooth to leave in the ground.

Running the 12x10 widescan (DD) coil super tuned, I might just as well dig it all. The widescan coils do not discriminate as well as the concentric coils on these detectors. I have not tried the SEF but am thinking it may act like the widescans with respect to the discrimination. Have you compared it to the standard coil with similar settings on the same targets?

For one way signals, the only way to really tell if you are uncovering a good, partly masked target or responding to an edge of an irregularly shaped piece of iron is to dig it.

Tejon does not seem to gain much depth or loose much discrimination by super tuning, just don't have a usable threshold so there is not much point in super tuning with the Tejon.
tvr

Micromax, just try and see the difference it makes. Why would it matter if made in Bulgaria? The coils are precisely wound and tuned and there is absolutely no need for calibration at all (for detectors with manual ground balance). I am using one with my uMax series detectors and is way better than any stock coil - and Tesoro does not make a 12x10 DD for the uMax series. The 12x10 really competes with the large 2D HOT coil for the Tejon (http://ww w.tesoro.com/product/coils/COIL-12x10W-LC-G/). If I lived in US, I would buy the Tesoro one as it is probably cheaper. I know people using both and they perform equally well. But there is no alternative to the 15x12, which goes deeper on larger objects.

Yes we make a 12x10 Wide scan. There isn't any difference between ours or the SEF.