Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tejon vaquero question

findit

has anybody been able to use the tejon wide open? if it is more noisy
than the v i would think you would have to turn down the sensitivity
and you would lose some depth, maybe bringing it closer to the v. Can
anyone comment on this? And does anyone know the depth difference between them?

Have the Vaquero. Tried running it max. super tune in a park, mild soil. Too noisy that way, gives short choppy signals with every sweep, had to bring it down just a hair, but still in the red zone. I would imagine the Tejon acts the same.

i agree the tejon would act the same way and even more so. I would think if the tejon is more sensitive you would have to turn it down even more. so would the depth equal out to about the same?

I've noticed using the 12 x 10 widescan I can run wide open with very little noise. But that might be because it's not seeing the small pieces of metal in the ground.

The Tejon is hotter than the Vaquero, hands down. With both machines, for maximum depth, run the sens as high as you can while still keeping the machine quiet. You can actually hunt with both machines with the sens all the way up, but they become unstable then and you cant tell a chirp from a deep target. Its hard to tell exactly how much deeper the Tejon is but I would say you gain at least several inches depending on conditions.