Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon Users Help Me out

Mac _ Park

[size=medium]Hey all, Thanks in advance for your response to this post. I am an avid detectorist and own a number of "Top of the Line" - top dollar machines. As are most I am looking for that little extra. My hunting has been becoming more defined to the search for relics. I read alot of good things about the Tesoro Tejon, in particular the depth on the smaller brass and lead items. I am concerned with the Truth about this lower cost more affordable detector. Is this machine the true "Animal" of Relic hunting with it's limited operating frequency? Is it truly deep !!!? I'd just like as much feedback as I can get before I add one to my arsenal. Thanks Jerry[/size]:stretcher:

I was a die hard Nautilus user until a couple of years ago when I witnessed a Tejon hit a deep coin on edge. If you would, go to www.metaldetectorreviews.com and look at the Tejon. Mine is the first and that account of the Pillar dollar is true,(we measured the depth). I now own a Tejon and have no desire for anything else. The detector is very tight on the disc settings and you have to make sure your ground balance is maintained, but once you go thru the learning curve I think you will like this detector. It seems to excel at small deep buttons and coins on edge. Hope this helps some:tesoro:

Jerry

The Tejon is a great machine--deep, light, easy to operate, a great value for the money. But deeper than a Nautilus--come on now!

Hey Shenandoah Digger,

The depth is very competitive between these two machines and the Nautilus with the 15" is the clear winner no doubt. But what sways me to the Tejon is the light wieght, lifetime warranty, and the fact that the Nautilus coils are not waterproof, only water resistant. Also the repair cost on Nautilus are on the high side. But all said it is still a very good deep relic hunter. I'm just getting to old to swing one anymore.:surrender:
HH, Jerry

Jerry-don't get me wrong. I've got the Tejon and Vaquero and think they are great machines. I've dug a ton of stuff with both, and they're light and easy on you on an all day hunt. Tesoro warranty is unmatched, and the Giffords are great to deal with. The info with the all metal and disc of the Nautilus operating at the same time makes it a great machine too. And if you get the White's rod mod it is comparable in balance to the Tesoros. Now I don't think anyone could go wrong with any Tesoro. They make a very good product. Man would I love to hunt in Georgia sometime. Every time I drive through there to Stick Marsh in Florida I think about the relics that must be in the ground there.

it was a substantial savings. I like mine but I find that I use it in certain places. I have a SoverignGT with a meter, a T2, and a Tejon. there is a LOT of iron in the ground around here and a lot of the sites I hunt are trashy. IMO, the Tejon is not a good detector in trash but in a wooded area with relics but not a lot of trash... it would be my first chioce. Still, it WILL work in trash and sometime's when i use it in a trashy site I make good finds but, with the others I have some small idea what I am going to dig, with the Tejon... not so much. Still, it seem's to work so...

One thing for sure. If you buy one used and you don't like it you wont lose much, if any, money if you sell it.

J

Hello Jerry......the replies already posted are right on! I have been metal detecting for about 30 years, 20 or so of them relic hunting. I am also a Tesoro dealer, so I thought I better disclose that if you don't already know. I also carry Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, etc.:bouncy:

Now, having said that, in my opinion, there is no better relic machine made than the Tejon, and no better warranty or factory to work with than Tesoro! I have hunted the Indian Wars and Civil War battle sites for years with the original Tesoro ElDorado, and at the time it was the best!!!! In fact I would have "fought rather than switch" back then. :thumbup:

:hot:The Tejon is the only machine that I have found that actually tops the ElDorado. The beauty of that is the Tejon is much lighter, easier on the arm, and more powerful (depth wise) and (response speed wise) than the ElDorado was, and I never thought that was possible!:hot:

Hope the above helps you with your decision.....you can't go wrong with the Tejon!:cheers: