Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TEJON OWNERS I HAVE A QUESTION ?

Tejonman

When you first got your Tejon did you find that the threshold was different than on other detectors you have used? I can start to get a threshold at 7 to 9 o'clock position, is this because when i turn the detector on i go ahead to sensitivity setting #10 then it just makes the detector so sensitive,next time i go out i will go to sensitivity #3 and set threshold there.Do you find the threshold to be loud and unsteady for the all metal mode?I do understand that the tejon is designed completely different than other detectors and why.The reasons it is so different is because of having the test toggle switch,pull forward for check target in all metal,push all the way back to check target in secondary disc setting,this is a quick and cool feature,that is why the other controls are so different than other detectors because think about it there could not be a all the way clockwise threshold supertuned feature like other tesoros have were you can get a little well a lot of extra depth turning threshold all the way up in disc mode. The tejon does not allow for this it is all ready factory preset supertuned because if you turn the all metal threshold all the way up thinking you are supertuning the tejon and you go to check a target pulling switch forward you will get nothing but loud threshold tone in your ears,this is why you can not supertune a tejon.I have found after ground balancing the tejon to lower the threshold all the counter clock wise to no threshold that the detector worked fine even checking targets in the pull forward all metal mode and did not have to deal with this erratic threshold.Has any one found tricks with there tejon.Does your threshold act loud or do i need to call tesoro.Thanks,Charles.

Tejonman, When I ground balance my Tejon I usually have the sensitivity at about 3 or 4....the threshhold knob is usually set somewhere between 12 and 1 o'clock. I cant speak for others, but that seems to work for me. Sapper.

yeah mine has a raspy unsteady threshold when compared to the Eldorado , Ive even read on another forum a long time Tejon user stating that its impossible to hunt the Tejon in threshold based AM mode ,and that anyone who says they do is pullin ya leg ..... I dont have any trouble whatsoever I usually set my threshold at about 10 o'clock toggle pulled in towards me All Metal Fast Auto-Tune adjust GB to neutral or a slight touch positive .

Tejonman said:
Do you find the threshold to be loud and unsteady for the all metal mode

Yes its loud so I use an independent volume control on the Tejon because even with volume controlled KillerB' headphones the Tejon was still to loud and uncomforable hunting in threshold AM or any mode for my ears this fix'd that problem .

Tejonman said:
I have found after ground balancing the tejon to lower the threshold all the counter clock wise to no threshold

I done the exact same thing occasionally before fitting the volume adjuster , but it defeats the purpuse of hunting in threshold AM may as well just hunt in AM disc

I have found the settings on my Tejon to be very sensitive just the ever so slightest whisker either way will have an effect so take ya time getting that threshold and Gb just right , I prefer to use a widescan coil on my Tejon it purrs like a kitten in threshold based AM , GB adjustment is more forgiving ,nuances in tone are improved ...... it tames the animal so to speak , the Tejon fitted with a WS is a match made in Heaven

"HH"