Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon or DeLeon ?

Dixie Digger

how about some help here? I'm going to buy one or the other and i know there will be mixed thoughts on this but that is good to help me decide the one to buy.i will be hunting Fresh Water Beach's sand (not salt water).i do not relic hunt only coin and ring! iv read the Tejon is deeper,but better for relic,but i don't want to give up the depth of the Tejon to get the ID meter of the DeLeon! also i think the high freq of the Tejon might be better for gold rings? watcha think? thanks DD

I think the Tejon is better for what you are looking for.
In fact, the dual discrimination acts as a notching system, allowing you to discriminate iron with the first discrimination, and to discriminate foil or more with the second discrimination.
The Tejon has the right frequency for gold rings, earrings and gold chains.
Someone here in Italy use the 12*10 DD coil in the beach with great results (even in salt beaches).

I had a Vaquero and have a Deleon. The V is so well behaved and deep as well as good on small gold. The Deleon is a fantastic coin hunter, as good as the Vaquero, with the bonus of VDI and depth reading. I dig a lot fewer pulltabs but can still get a full bang on most gold rings with it. The thin ones are the problem. The V was much better at seeing iron, masked coins than the Deleon.

The double triggers of the Tejon is a great way to hunt I had a fisher 1260 that had this setup and it is a great way to play with a variable notch of sorts.

Good luck.