Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon on Coins?

coins

I know the Tejon is a great relic machine - what I'm looking for is a detector for coins around pre 1900 home sites, would the Tejon be an overkill or just go with an V or cibola? Thanks. Georgia Area.

this is just from what i've read and gathered the tejon is probably the best all around detector there is in the tesoro fleet the frequency runs at I believe at 17.5 khz and the vaq and cibola 14.5 khz, I know in the world of prospecting some guys prefer the tejon over the lobo just because of the manual ground balance plus they run almost the same frequency, the only complaint i here about the tejon is in some soil situations that it isn't as stable as the vaq ground balance wise I really don't know this for sure because i hav nt owned a tejon yet but before the year is out i probably will

The Tejon does do well on coins, does well with coins on edge. It loves nickels because of their lower conductivity. Its a chatty machine because its so sensitive.

The Tejon is a couple of inches deeper in my ground on coins. I've got a lot of red clay in my ground. The ground balance is more critical with the tejon and it more takes time to learn it's language. I like the features better and in your area you can relic hunt ( bullets in the 10 to 12 inch range). The Vaquero is more critical when it comes to sweep speed. I started out with one and it made it easier to learn the Tejon. I prefer the Tejon in all but the extremely trashy areas