Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TD in the gulf

asthlan1

The tropical depression(past tense) in the gulf had a storm surge where i live not that big but water was up 30 yards past the high tide mark, so my question is when it pulls back where is the best line to hunt gonna be, obviously it is gonna take alot of sand off the beach so do i hunt the high tide mark or low tide mark. Im gonna hunt where ever is available when i get home but i was just wondering if the surge brings stuff up or pulls the stuff out farther. Thanks

Yeah I noticed that we were having a mean high tide today as well Asthlan. I would say that the best thing to do is hunt the lows in the next few days and hunt it from the wet-sand (where the sand is still damp out to the swash area (where the waves have dug a small channel as they crest and hit the beach)...maybe even 10 ft or so beyond that. The other thing I do often is to look at a tide graph of the water and look to see when the crests are....sometimes a week of highs in the mid morning to early afternoon make for great wet sanding later during the afternoon low that follows. The reason of course is because everyone is at the beach at those times in waist deep (during the high tide) and then later you can zoom along in the wet or up to your knees and pick up the goods. Where on the Gulf are you???

Dig,
Im in indian rocks beach, for me i hunt the wet sand at night (too scary in the water)11pm til im tired and in the morning i get in the water, of course if the waves are pounding i stay out of the water . Bum deal about your excal. Where do you go to look at the tide graphs?

I have an Iphone and it has a tide app but tjere are a lot of good recourses on the web. Try Saltwatertides dot com

its still crappy out but i was able to find a trough where all the shells are collecting, about knee deep right now paced it off with a sea grass bush i use for reference and it is about alittle less then high tide mark normally. hopefully its calm tommorrow morning or wet sand at 35 paces from the bush 6 am comes early so peace out :goodnight: