Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Targets to small that fall through my scoop and shells that make it hard to see the targets that don't

relic-hunter

Now that I am a confirmed water hunting addict. I have a couple of questions. First targets that are to small and fall right through my scoop, the kellyco cheapo one. I know that some earings and make even chain and bracelets can fall through my scoop, I find a target, dig, check the hole, no signal, which means it in the scoop. when I shake it I end up with either nothing or a bunch of shells which make it hard to find the target, is there any way of dealing with these problems?

Ken

Ken... doesn't matter what scoop most little things find their way out.. I added a piece of quarter inch hardware cloth in the bottom half of my scoop and that way I don't lose many tiny things..

Hey Relic-Hunter,

Check out my "Super Sifter" Post from 26 September of this year and you will see how I dealt with this problem.

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo

In my 2 years of water hunting,I have had a few small items fall through my scoop.A few times,I swear that I saw something golden disappear in the surf.To prevent this,I sometimes scoop up the target and dump it on the wet sand ,then search for the my find.This works for me.