Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TARGET PINPOINTING Professional Treasure Metal Detector??

lilmax25

Im a newbie at metal detecting and i just haven't found one that fits me best. Actually I don't even have one! :wiggle:
Anyway, is this a good metal detector for a beginner? I saw that it costs around 85.00 usd.
Also, i saw the Tracker IV and was wondering if that is a good one. I don't know which one to get and maybe you all could help me out a bit. If there is an even better one i would like to have one that is under 100.00 usd. Can ya help? :confused:

Bad news you spend 85.00 on a metal detector your getting a toy with no resale value if it doesn't work out.Good news if you don't have the extra to buy a Tesoro Compadra or Garrett Ace 250.Lets say you have good credit go to a dealer or Ebay and buy a new Compadra for 150 using a credit card for full purchase you pay 85 on the 150 which leaves 65.00.The payment on this balance 10 dollars a month use the detector this summer for three months and pay the balance off with your finds.After you use the Compadra for three months you sell it for 125 with out any finds you only invested 25.00.Metal Detector Economics 101 now for 25.00 in three months that =$8.33 a month=2.08 a week.Question can the Compadra find $2.08 a week yes it can even with a beginner.No money spent out of your pocket.

I agree with Ron.. If you can, save up for a compadre.

Some of the guys in the bounty hunter forum are making real good finds with the tracker IV.

I have a bounty hunter quicksilver and am very pleased with its performance. It is an excellent coin shooter but pinpointing can be difficult with it. My girlfriend exclusively uses it and she likes it alot. . You can pick one up new on Ebay for between 70.00 to 130.00usd. And its not a toy.

I prefer to swing my vintage tesoro however. The S handles on the new detectors aren't comfortable for me to swing for long periods of time.

All of us here have alot of different preferences. You will learn that the best machine is not one we use, but the one that you find that fits you best.

My advice to you is find a local dealer and swing a few different detectors. Ask lots of questions(we are good at answers). Get a NAME BRAND machine(i.e Bounty Hunter, Tesoro, Garrett, Minelab and Whites). Ask more questions.

Read the forums, there is a wealth of info here.

Look at the sponsors websites, good deals can be found there too.

And don't forget the classified forum.

You just talked me into buying a new detector that I can't afford..Or rather that I can't afford not to buy..LOL:rofl:

Listen to the man..It's the hobby that pays

The Compadre offers a tremendous bang for the buck. To my knowledge there's nothing on the market currently for the price that will beat it or even comes close in my opinion.
HH
BB