Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Talk to me about Wilson Metal Detectors

Deese

I'm looking into buying a wilson relic and coin 2, I have searched some on google and read a few post's and some articles. I was suprised to find the company still in business and still selling detectors.So I decided to contact them and quote a new machine for comparison. However I was not impressed with the email responses I got when I tried to contact them. I got some two word responses,some mis-spelling of words,price in euros which didn't match the price listed on the website. Not sure what to think about that,one of the post's i saw was a guy saying that Mr Wilson was very helpful on the phone and was eager to help him get his machine fixed. I thought about calling on the phone to see who would answer. Anyway any info on the older models would be appreciated.

Had Wilson Daytona was suppose to see through trash piece of junk Kellyco let me upgrade to higher detector or I would have been stuck.

Wilsons are one of my favorite detectors. I have 2 original Relic and Coin, a Relic and Coin 4, and a North Star. The depth on these detectors will put most other detectors to shame. Very easy to use. Nothing pinpoints better. The draw back to these detectors is the lack of a no motion mode. This makes sizing a target more difficult. The detector that is on the market these days is mostly sold in Europe and the guy who answers the emails has a hard time with English. Any of the Wilson metal detectors are top notch. The Relic and Coin are all very similar in operation and performance. These are very different then the older Wilson and Neuman detectors. I am still looking for a VLF 710 my self. You will love detecting with a Wilson. I use my collection of detector like golf clubs. I have about 15 different detectors from different makers that I switch off, depending on the conditions and what I am looking for.

Yeah I like it, I found some stuff with it. It iron masks like hell though. You dont dig any iron,I guess thats the price you pay. I thought I read somewhere you can use whites coils on them,have you ever heard of that?

Watch your sweep speed. You scan with a Wilson, do not sweep. this should cut down on your masking. Go very slow. It is like using the old TR's. I love it because I get the depth and I can relax while detecting. One of the great things about the Wilson's is if you are in an area with allot of small bits of aluminum. the Wilson will ignore them. You can also thumb the disc and the nickel will drop out before the pull tab and so will most gold rings.

I have tried putting a Whites coil on but it did not work well. I should do some more experimenting with it but I really do not have a need to do that.

Well I might have a need,I was feeling froggy and I cut open my stock coil. I didnt mess it up but it will be a pain to get it back together. did the connector plug up or did you make an adapter? I dont even know what frequency the wilson is

The old Whites and the Coin and Relic have the same jack but I do not remember if you need a cable change over. If memory serves me they are both 6.5kHz or there abouts. It would be best if you can fix the stock coil. Some times coils need to be tuned to the detector they will be used on. A Whites may work but it might have to be tuned to your detector.

If my house were burning down and I had to run in and save one or my detectors, my Wilson R & C II would live to see another day!! All my other machines (White's, Minelab, Compass, Tesoro) can all be replaced...not my Wilson! I've put it up against another R & C II and it had a 1" to 2" advantage!! A detector like this one comes along only once in a lifetime.

I can't emphasize anymore than what has been said earlier...if you just can't discipline yourself enough to sweep this machine slow in iron infested ground, you have no business using a R & C. But if you have the patience needed to swing it slow, you will pull out stuff in these areas that the others have missed!!