Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Taking A Poll - Help Me Decide

ThTx

The situation: I'm going to SoCal for a few days, but I only get one day to hunt with the new Infinium.

The question: Should I go an hour west and spend a day on the beach or about an hour and a half east and hit some old mining areas?

I really can't decide and need input.

A

Man, that's a tough decision.:wacko:I vote for checkin' out the old mining areas!:detecting:Best of luck to ya'!:biggrin:Take some pics!:thumbup:I hope ya' find some nice big nuggies!:bouncy:Be careful out there! Happy Hunting!:)

you really have a TOUGH choice!!!! :lmfao:
id take the beach only cause i havent been to an ocean bach b4

Have Fun

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way

I'd spend the morning on one side, nab lunch and head over to the other side. Do both and get a break in between with a nice lunch.

tab-nabit said:
I'd spend the morning on one side, nab lunch and head over to the other side. Do both and get a break in between with a nice lunch.

Thought about that, but the 2 1/2 hour drive between really cuts in to the detectiing time.

I'd hit the beach. The mining areas are pounded to death whereas the loot on the beach is replenished every day by hundreds of thousands of people. Too bad you won't be in Northern California. Here's some nuggets found on the banks of the Yuba River a couple of years ago with the Infinium..

Bill

So far it's 3 mining, 2 beach on this forum and 0 mining, 3 beach on another forum. I've got about a week to make up my mind. Chime in with your thoughts.,
A

The beach will give you the gold for that hunt. Just be ready to dig.:detecting:

I would also go for the mining area. I would think the beach is pounded more so than the mining area!! Good luck whichever way you go!!

Well I pretty much hunt for nuggets exclusivly and coins/etc secondary and let me tell you....you should had better know specifically which the mining area you will be going too, because when I go, I do massive amounts of research before I hit a mining area, because if you go there, you might come accross private property, not good access to federal lands, etc. If I go just on the fly, It usually takes me almost all day to drive around to find a area to hunt. By the time I figure it out, I might get an hour hunt in. So KNOW the mining area, because the Mother Load of California is 80 % private property, or more. Not a good idea for going on the fly.... I VOTE FOR THE BEACH! I use an Infinium also!

Alan in Oregon

Go to the gold fields if you want to find gold but don't mind comming home with nothing.
Go to the beach and you will come home with something .

Thanks folks. Leaning toward the beach for the easier access.

A

Yeah a lot of the area could be claimed up and one should always research the area one intends to hit to save a lot of disappointment instead of just making a wild stab at it. And make sure it ain't in some State protected area. California is bad for that.

Bill.

Think I'm going to go with the beach. The logistics would be easier for a one day hunt. Can anyone suggest a beach between LA & San Diego?

Thanks,
A

One with lots of people!!!!