Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 vs. Electric Fence

Terry

Went to an old School on Sunday which was hunted out by many others including myself with my Explorer XS. When I got there I noticed cattle all around the surrounding field and to my dismay there was an active electric fence pulsating about every 4, 5 seconds. The T2 was so sensitive I couldn't even get away from the interference in the middle of the school ground. Having hunted this ground before with the Explorer, I knew where I had to go, which was about 15 feet from the fence in the far corner of the school grounds by an old well. I figured what the heck I'm going to give it a try anyways ,...interference or not. I forgot to mention that this field is notorious for old crown caps which was no problem for the explorer and that's why I used it in this particular field. I set the T2 at sensitivity 40 with discrimination at 51 and used the 3b program for elimination of crown caps(old bottle caps). I'm speechless, really I don't know what to say. The T2 performed flawlessly, even with the intermittent interference of the electric fence. I found three old pennies from the thirties and one big Canadian penny dated 1906 in beautiful condition. I identified every crown cap that there was, and even dug half a dozen or so to make sure. The big Canadian penny came in as a repeatable weak signal at 7 inches and I was surprised because I was sure it was going to break up in the 3b program as it usually does with crown caps. The T2 is an awesome machine and just keeps getting better. I've attached my findings for the last two trips I've been on this spring. I guess I'm going to have to go back and go over all the good places that I've hunted out with the explorer.

Nice bunch of finds. I am enjoying the heck out of my T 2 as well. Even with low sen. it still gets very good depth. HH jim tn