Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 Stand for

Silverman777

I build this out of simple water pipe you can buy in any hardware store. Just cut the top piece the same as on the photo and then use cable ties to strap it to the bottom of the handle plug the other pieces in and you have a stand. So now you can put your machine down anywhere and it won't fall over and damage or scratch itself. Hope it saves you a repair or two!
S

Had a crack myself a while back at the one from Garys detecting. Works a treat. You need to see Swarfy's though. He's a proper engineer and his is the dogs.

http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/metal_detector_stand.htm

I'm sure swarfy wont mind me posting a picture of his. It left me with a mild case of stand envy!!!:clapping:

Yeah great to see we are looking after our gear! Heehaaa LOL
The water pipes are the cheapest and for a Engineering challenged person like me well the easiest LOL
I can't be drilling and screwing things together way to complicated!
S

Lee I made a batch of 8 sold ,got two left if your interested pm me on detectorist or rogers relics(Im on them more than here lately )

Swarfy You got a cool stand but with the constant rain and mud and soft ground here in the UK it will sink into the sludge. In the USA it will be worth its weight in gold!
Have a great hunt
S

Since we're showing off our stands, here is my version. The material is 3/4" thick black nylon.

Dan

That looks good how is it made and from what?
Mine is a light welght job seen here.made from a pipe clip and a fishing rod stand. The clip is drilled with a number 8 drill though the hole at the base then the stand is screwed into it after adding some high poer glue such as Araldite.works fine

My stands are made from 3/4" black nylon, so they are very light. The top cap is held tight against the tube with 2 1/4-20 socket head cap screws. It won't mark your detector. The shape is cut with a waterjet machine.

You can lean hard on these and they will not break. I'm currently working on getting a price for a big sheet of nylon so I can make a bunch of these. Obviously the cheaper the material the cheaper the final product. I tried other materials (UHMW for example) but I wasn't happy with the strength. It's cheaper, but I don't think it will stand the test of time like these will. I already know the cost to cut per piece, once I get a cost for material I can throw out the option of selling these. I would sell them at cost to people on this forum (plus shipping of course) but add a few extra bucks if I go to the auction site.

I wouldn't mind getting feedback on what people are willing to pay for a stand like this. I'm projecting the cost to be close to $30 for material, waterjet cutting, and the 2 screws. Would people here pay that, or am I wasting my time?

Thanks,

Dan

I have a similar one made from 1/2 inch uhmw . Been using it for a couple of years. I buy scarps of uhmw for jigs and fences on my woodworking tools. SLICK as bear grease.

UHMW is a form of polyethylene. Same as used in those slick cutting boards for kitchen use. Ultra High Molecular Weight. On woodworking tools it makes great fences for saws and shapers. I used some for bearings for a water wheel I made to accent my garden pond. No rust or oiling.