Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 SE question on Boost Power

spittenred

I hunt with mt T2 in all metal almost all the time. If I'm in a mineralized site or sorta trashy(iron) site I will go to Disc. In disc. I can run the sens up to about 95 with a lil chirping but nothing I cant handle. I wanted to try out the Boost mode this weekend...I'm hunting a site thats holding relics but they are very deep and the ground is very dry and I feel that i have pretty much gotten all I can with out achieving more depth...so I flip it into BP with the sens still at 95 and the machine goes nuts...even pointing in air, so I know that i need to turn the sens down...make sense, but am I achieving more depth considering that I'm having to power the machine back? Will this hold true in cache mode as well?

Some places due to EMI you just cant run boost mode. Kinda like running high beams on in the fog. Try running 2 tones an listen for good solid repeatable signals.

Probably best to run sens to where instability (a crackling/chirpy threshold audio) starts.....then dial down the ground balance 1-3 numbers. Too much sens, especially in mineralized soil, will cause a 'Loss' of depth.........and also make the ID numbers even more jumpy.

I appreciate the info...my thoughts were inline with that! My concern is this though...at what point in turning the sens back in BP or Cache to get the machine to calm down am I going backwards from being able to run the machine at 95 sens in all metal? ie. if I have to crank the sens back to say...75 in BP or cache...am I really doing anything considering I can run it at sens of 95 in the same spot in either allmetal or disc?

I made a boo-boo in above post. Its.......increase the GB 1-3 numbers. That keeps the machine from reading the tiny variations in ground mineralization as your detecting. The machine is so sensitive after a Ground Grab...that it will pick up these minute variations in mineralization.