Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 reset problem cure

konabikemike

.I just got my T2 and went out and had the dreaded reset problem .so the next day I fixed it.I have the Pro fix .this is the one that the Factory should have done .But engineers are not really that smart .They usually get there ideas from other smarter people around them.Believe me I know.I have worked around Engineers before. This fixed the weight ,gravity problem with the battery's bouncing down and resting the T2.So here it is .You remove the back half of the battery holder via the three screws one at the back and the other two from the front.then .you need a soldering gun to remove one lead .the red one only, the rest is easy pull the tabs out and reverse top and bottom.Only the red lead is re soldered.please if you are not a hobbyist this might be to much as you can not mix up the leads or you will have a problem. this completely corrects the problem once and for all. BT should do this and have a service set up .I have included a jpg .
Michael
Southwestern Ontario
Teknetics T2

Konabikemike, Can you provide some more details on the reason for the modification? I've had my T2 for almost a year now. I have not had any problems from what you describe, I do not know what the "reset" problem is. I would like to know in case it happens, so I know what it is. My T2 has been working flawlessly. I've had to replace the plastic locking nuts on the shaft---these seen to crack easily---and I sent it back to Teknetics two months ago for the waterproofing, but I have not had any problems in or around the battery compartment. Thanks,

[quote SEMPERFI61]was this part of the problem and was fixed with the "REVISION # 6" SOFTWARE?

:pulltab:BILL[/quote]
Thank you thompy .That is correct.I believe all the T2's have this problem .more so if you use the rechargeable's as they are heavy in weight.First Texas should have fixed this problem long ago .but they have not and this is the most annoying problem as it can happen every time you set the T2 down to check your target.sometimes even if you bump the T2 against something hard.

shouldn't be a problem with the new ones. i got one last year that i use a lot and i have never had this problem so i believe they fixed it.

fi61 Digadime69 here . I have tryed every thing thay are talking about to get my T2 to change over and it wont budge. So dont be afraid to by that t2.
You wont be disapointed. In fact if you dont think it is the best detector you have ever had. I will be disapointed. HH hh HH hh HH. Have a good day.

I had the same issue with mine. I talked to Dave Johnson (Lead Engineer for the T2) at Teknetics and suggested doing the very same modification you made here. Dave told me that they had tried this as one of the possible solutions to this issue but the terminals did not fit tightly in the battery box when reversed? He told me that they had increased the spring wire diameter and that this would take care of the issue.

I sent it in for the upgrades. Once I got it back, the first time I took it out Relic hunting, it happened again! It did not happen as often but still happened several times during my 6 hour hunt.

I'm with you. I plan to make the change when I get a chance. Just hope that they don't void my warranty if I have other issues later.

Jeff

semperfi61 I,ll try to explane how I set up for coin hunting. These setting( after GB ) are sensitivty 65 up toand depending on the Fe3O4 Numbers. The lower the
number the the higher you can set the sensitivty say 85 and up. The discrimination 40 and lower if you prefer. Now here come the hard part Because of the
differant tones no body hears the same. and I prefer the 3rd tone for coins. Because it is so diffenit in sound. You ask how it dose on silver coins all I
can say is HOT HOT HOT . Hope this helps. and if any one else has a better way I would like to hear it. I may need help to LOL. Good luck and hh
If this is confusing read the manual it will help. As it is well writen. Digadime69

Put 3-4 wraps of electrical tape around the batteries. The increased diameter allows the foam to grip them tighter which prevents them from moving and losing contact.

HH Tom

Thanks for this thread some of us are also having the same problem in the UK.

Its a shame really as this an excellent detector and has a big following in the UK.

I also use its cousin the F75 which has really been trouble free.

Iam hoping that with the help that Iam getting from First Texas USA home base which is not easily avaiable in the Uk that I will be up and running again making more use of my Green Lady when she is out of the detector hospital.

Thanks First Texas many UK detectorists are watching with interest as quality backup is so important.:clap:Jerry.

JBM said:
Thanks for this thread some of us are also having the same problem in the UK.

Its a shame really as this an excellent detector and has a big following in the UK.

I also use its cousin the F75 which has really been trouble free.

Iam hoping that with the help that Iam getting from First Texas USA home base which is not easily avaiable in the Uk that I will be up and running again making more use of my Green Lady when she is out of the detector hospital.

Thanks First Texas many UK detectorists are watching with interest as quality backup is so important.:clap:Jerry.

Thanx JBM,I had to do the fix the rite way as I just got the T2 and the first time out that shut down and reseting of the machine was driving me mad .so I did what First Texas should have done rite off the bat.:nerd:

This problem is really bad if you use rechargebles as there is more wieght to the battery.

Some one in another post or the Teknetics site said that FT fixed this with a heaver spring.well I have the newest one and this is not the case.in any ways still should have the springs on the top not the bottom.Bad design.:nono:

I've posted this fix to the Tecknetics owners site in the UK.

I really hope FT addresses this problem as it really does tick users off.:rant:and a pain in the &@#

So all fixed and a first rate performer,Light Fast and Deep.

Michael

The theory appears to be that when the detector is put down the weight of the batteries press against the springs and disconnects momentarily.
The batteries don't move vertically unless the compartment is given a hefty thump, but the rearmost ones can easily move horizontally outwards, especially at the top.

There are some good suggestions for overcoming this problem but non of them address the REAL cause for disconnection.

The foam pad inside the battery door can compress over time. This means that the rearmost batteries can move out and lose contact at the top (positive) connection.
Stronger springs would not help but turning the contacts over so the springs are at the top will prevent this movement.
There is a simple test. If the battery door fastener is not a tight fit and there is some movement then you may have problems with disconnection
A piece of foam tape in the right place seems to provide a solution.

Dave
Pentechnic

This all fine and well but it still is the bandade solution to a" Manufacturing :nerd:design problem".At least my method is what the factory should be doing to finally fix the problem .but to do mine you still need some technical aptitude .But "daveuk's" solution will work:clapping: for those that don't want to venture in my direction so it is still good to see that there are others helping with other options:thumbup:.glad to see others posting there fix's .please anyone else with there solution please post to help others .One note .The for mentioned problem is still really bad even with a bandade fix if you use "reachagebles" as they have almost 1/3 more weight behind them.
Michael