Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

t2 problem with rain

wvdigger

I am thinking about purchasing a t2 soon. My one concern is I have heard stories of the machine shorting out very quickly in a rain shower, has any one else experienced a problem with this. I also heard they are currently working on a more waterproof model that will come out soon. Has anyone else heard anything about that? Any info is greatly appreciated.

At our place dealer claimed, that the reel is sturdy upstream- isn't...behind you money is that a bad

I have a T2 since over 1 year now, and here during winter becomes very foggy and rainy. I bought from US a "rain protection set" which works very well for me. But I avoid to go out if it's really pouring. Hope this helps.

I've had my T2 for almost 2 years. I do not take it out in a full rain storm, but I have used it when it was misting and in light rain. I found a useful and simple solution, I use two quart-size zip-loc bags, one for the battery compartment and the other for the control head. I turn the unit on and them put a bag over the battery compartment and use a sturdy rubber band to hold it in place. On the control head I cut a small slit for the knob and slip it through. I also rubber band the bag in place. Again, I do not go out in a hard rain, but I have been out a number of times in drizzle and occasional light showers and with this bag arrangement I have never had any problems.

Hope this helps.

I use just plain sandwich wrap, but a zip lock bag probably works just as well.
Why would anyone want to MD in a storm anyway? Just a light drizzel is ok but I'd not want to
have my MD suddenly behave like a lightening rod in a thunder storm!
RR

Hope you keep a small breathing hole to let Air in ,otherwise If you keep the Air "tight"out ,you `may` get condensation inside your control box , around your Screen !