Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 Moving Target

T2

I was in a plowed field and got a reading of 50 which usually signals a flat button. When I dug the hole I checked and no signal, must be in the pile. Nope, pin pointer found nothing. Ran the T2 over the pile and got another 50 reading and it was saying 7 inches. This went on 3 more times. I covered the hole(s) and moved on. Very strange. Don't know if anyone else has had this happen?

n/t

I have it happen quite a bit. Usually, it is caused by a large piece of iron, or aluminum, that is very deep in the ground, maybe as much as 2 or 3 feet. Same thing happens with about every detector I've ever owned. The detectors are calibrated on coin size objects. A large object might read out as 6", and really be 2 feet deep. I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that if you go back to that spot with a shovel, dig it deep enough and you will find a smashed/compacted aluminum can. A heavy piece of aluminum almost always show up as a #50 on my T2

n/t

Also if you try to pinpoint it and get nothing it's a hot rock.

I've had a related occurance happen to me bunches of times........ get a real decent signal in the ground in the undisturbed soil....... dig a hole out, and check all the loose dirt...... nothing! ........ Dig more of the dirt out of the whole..... check the dirt.... nothing! Core the hole out a little wider..... and a little deeper ..... and still nothing! I've scooted the pile of dirt around with my foot, or by hand...... flattening out the mound and rechecked all the dirt..... still nothing. By that time, I rake all the dirt back in the hole...... and when I go to check the filled hole...... I hope like heck I don't get the signal again! :cry:

I've run across this same scenario and usually find a small rusty piece of metal in the pile. It appears the T2 is calibrated for a quarter size object and smaller items read deeper than they really are.