Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 HELP

jack1

Hallo...excuse my English,because am Czech...already it here wrote much ,so me I'm sorry my question...T2 m

That's O.K. my Czech isn't that good either. I'm primarily a relic hunter. Here's what works for me:

Sense at 60 - 75 (more if you can get it).

Disc. at 12 (If you need more disc then air test a nickle and set it just below where it cuts out).

Tones: 3 (This allows me to hear the good stuff with a mid to high tone while iron is usually a low tone).

My ground usually reads between 58 - 65.

Happy Hunting!

jack i set mine as you mentioned, but dont be afraid to try others out, i hunt mostly relics, and 2 tone helps me in the iron, where building burned down, pulling small brass items out of the old square nails. thompy

OKS colleagues...thank you behind answerback...I was trying 2 strains and be likely I'll sometime use...take note am are one

1 tone (PF mode), use disc 20 in heavily iron contaminated spots (rusty iron/nails etc.), otherwise disc at 21 where everything is deep. Sensitivity at 70 in rusty iron gives good results.

Tom

why would you use a setting that would still detect iron but only use1 tone. i tried this but its kind of hard to hunt constantly looking at the meter for the right numbers to pop up.

are you getting at those settings? Sure at 21 its noisy with quite a bit of iron falsing as a good tone but, for those hunted out spots ya gotta check all those out to get whats been missed/left in the past. A disc setting of 21 equals the disc setting I use on any machine. Just barely discs out rusty nails with some pops clicks. Disc 20 takes care of the pops clicks and quiets things down considerably when the ground is wet causing the rust to be more of a problem. JMHO

Tom

i don't know if its iron or something else but it woukld seem that being able to hear the different tones would keep you from having to watch the meter all the time. thanks.

disc at 20 is surprisingly quiet around iron compared to some other detectors using a similar setting and really helps at picking out partially masked goodies. Once you get used to it its quite easy to hunt at that setting in 1 tone PF mode. You will hear some pops and clicks on partially rejected iron but IMO it is no more annoying than listening to the iron tones when using the other modes.

Tom