Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2= F 75 ??

The T 2 came out first. So if anything the F 75 would be the copy. I'm pretty sure the F 75 has a few features that the T 2 doesn't. One of which is the backlight. I'm sure some here has owned both and they could give you more information than I can. But if you're looking to buy the T 2 is an excellent machine.

I had a f75 for a short time last year, im sure someone will post all the actual differences, but the main difference to me is the t2 is much much more stable than the f75 i had. My 2cents.

The T2 was designed from the ground (wasn't based upon any previous detector platform) up by Dave Johnson, the senior detector design engineer at First Texas to push the limits of the state of the art in detectors. After the T2 was released Dave and his team kept working on the design and then released that as the F75. They kept working on it and then released that as the F70.

Since Dave reads this forum perhaps he can comment on what their design goals and how they differed from one another for each of these incarnations of this platform were. In my mind their main goal with the T2 was to tweak it more towards being a superb relic machine. The enhanced iron range is really useful to try and ID iron targets that aren't nails (for me anyway). I haven't used one but from what I've read the F75 was meant to be more of a coin shooter and general purpose machine, while the F70 was meant to provide a high end but more value priced unit to the Fisher line so they took out some of the bells and whistles from the F75 so they could lower the price a bit.

In any case they are all excellent machines based upon a design effort to push the state of the art. A goal they seem to have been very successful at achieving.

I got the T2 when it first came out and the F75 when it first came out. I like them both and one is as stable as another. If not you need to send it back and have it serviced. I had to send both of mine in for tweaking. The T2 came back a different machine. The F75 came back better too but the T2 is really stable. There are a few more bells and whistles on the F75 like the backlight but... you cannot turn it off and some don't like that. They both have a great bottle cap program. Some say that the F75 is a deeper machine but almost all places I hunt are hard clay and depth isn't really much of an issue. If I need depth for relics or iron I use a SovereignGT, if I need depth for coins etc I use an E-TRAC. For speed and general use, like a time limited hunting situation... either the T2 or the F75 is a great, if not the best choice. I used my T2 pretty much exclusively for about a year then I used the F75 exclusively for over a year. Then I got an SE and struggled with it for about a year and when I would get frustrated I would switch to the F75. (I never did get comfortable with the SE). However the E-TRAC was immediately comfortable and usable. I decided to sell the F75 to a friend who really liked it and I kept the T2... and am happy with the decision. There is really very little difference in the field, IMO... others may disagree.
I just got the small coil for the T2 yesterday!!! I am excited to try it. I know a couple of places that are full of crappy junk but there are some good items there too. I'm going to try it this PM. If the small coil improves the T2 the way the small coil improves the Tejon... then this is going to be one great machine!

One other thing... I said that I would use the SovereignGT for deep iron like artillary but in AM the T2 goes pretty deep and covers much more ground. However the F75 has a different, static AM mode that will go even deeper. You have to stop every 10' or so and reset it but it is really deep for clean ground with possible deep targets.

They are both light and comfortable... however, (I seem to use that word a lot...), even with the extra weight I can swing the E-TRAC longer than the T2. I have upper, cervical, spine problems... bad disks between my shoulderblades and for whatever reason the ET does not hurt me as much, I don't know why since the T2 is lighter.

If you don't have either of them and if you are coming from a machine like a Tesoro or a Sovereign... you will think that something is wrong with your T2/F75 because it will signal everything in the ground, even the minerals if the disc is low enough. You will hear so many signals that you will think something is wrong with your machine. It takes some getting used to if you are coming from a quiet machine. Your brain has to learn to deal with all the signals that sometimes sound like chatter. The processor in the T2 and the one in the F75 both work faster than your mind can process the info... at first but you get used to it. Either machine can be used to clean out a site by using AM, or 1 tone and a low disc like 10, and keeping your eye on the TID and by digging everything that jumps up above 20/21 some of those will be good targets in iron that are averaged down and sound like iron but the TID gives you a hint that there may be something there. I hunt a lot with the disc on 10 and 2+ tones but in iron you will miss some targets because they will sound like iron if iron is also in the hole, only the TID will give you the ID in some cases. If use this at productive sites after having hunted a spot out with the 2+. There is always more...

J

Thanks for taking the time out to answer that ? guys i now know more about the T2 /F70/75 history than my own machine ! cheers:ukflag:

Info based on information from Mike Scott.Sales Manager First Texas.........

T2 Totally new design...........Designed by [size=x-large]John Gardiner[/size] ( Firmware Engineer) and [size=large]David Johnson[/size],whose expertise is behind many, many of the best known (High performance) metal detectors offered by Major U.S. Manufacturers in the last 24 Years.

The T2 is a totally new platform..based on nothing prior in the industry..Released in 2006.

F75............Is a major redesign of the T2 platform with the focus on higher performance and more features.. It borrows some discrimination ideas from the T2.

You asked is it a copy..No..plain and simple...In fact T2 was on the market first..........the F75 isn't a copy either..Both machines T2/F75 are Stand alone new designed machines..

The F70 is a major redesign of the F75..with greater Simplicity being the goal...and it was achieved...Both T2/F75 machines are all around performers that work well in the field where it counts the most.. Coins, relics, Gold Prospecting

Side note.............The T2, and F75 though similar in Frame looks, except colors do not use the same coils..........T2 Green & Black, F75 Gold & Black
Their numerical Id scale is also very different.T2 has a higher Iron resolution setting......that a lot of Coin shooters prefer.

l`ve had both, the T2 is a brilliant machine on my sites, the F75 was a bag of nails on my sites and very disappointing.

Needless to say, l got rid of the 75 like a hot potato.

l just bought a S.E.F 15 x 12 coil for the T2, anyone tried one?

planetaryjunkman the F75 was a bag of nails [what does that mean]

Were did you get the SEF 15 X 12 please let us know how copares to the 11DD and how you like it in general Thanks Mike

wow thanks a million guys everything i wanted to know and then some i`ll print this info off as the T2/F75 sound like excellent machines, thanks again for all your input, :thumbup: very impressive/helpful:usaflag::cheers::ukflag: i have a SEF 15X12 on my 250=fantastic:clap: