Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 depth and performance vs. Explorer XS

Terry

Well the jury's in and the verdict is conclusive. As far as depth in good soil, the T2 and the Explorer XS are pretty much the same. I could not find any target that either machine couldn't see. In a two day field trip in Southern Manitoba in good cultivated soil conditions I found 65 keeper targets with the oldest coin being 1901. Two notable differences I found were, the XS was a joy to hunt with after dark using the back light, while the T2 had to depend on my head lamp which cast shadows and was very irritating. The nice soft back light from the Explorer was a dream to use. The other difference of course was the ability of the T2 to isolate good targets in a congested area. Both machines were at max sensitivity with no interference. tried the XS in a 1872 school site and was having trouble with isolating targets. I tried the same with the T2 at max sensitivity discrimination at 3 and was having the same luck. I finally turned the discrimination up to 50, and within 1 hour I found six old big Canadian pennies, a feat I've never done before and probably will never do again. I couldn't believe the depth I was getting with that high of discrimination. A lot of coins came from 8 inches and deeper, but then again a big Canadian penny is a pretty big target. I guess the conclusion is that every machine has it's good and bad points, but I think if I had to choose, it would be the T2 that I would keep.

pictures to follow

Nice, I saw a youtube video where the guy was air testing at lower disc. vs. higher ~ 50 and he was showing increased depth (on the air test mind you) at the higher disc. Any thoughts on the weight of the XS vs. T2? I still think the XS might have a slight advantage in picking deep masked silver out of parks, but for the trade off of weight and price I'll stick with the T2. Post some pics of your great finds.

at 50 the t-2 has a built in signal boost. the machine will start to chatter because of the increase. if you start to increase the sensitivity the chatter stops. i don't know yet if its deeper at the 50 disc. level or at a sensitivity reading of 90.

Of course a fella could swing the T2 all day without fatiguing where I find I have to switch arms once and a while with the XS. The XS seems to have a better feel for me though, maybe it's balanced better.