Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 classis

petew

Ordered one today from Craig,along with a r2,but the racers gonna be awhile.
I've only ever had a eurotek by teknetics,have used other brands though., So I have a few questions.
Does it do well with disc around 50?I hunt woods and cellerholes, mostly for old coins.I have the 5 inch coil in the package coming..I see the speed,that's great.I'm hoping for around 8 inches in depth.
I live in Pennsylvania, my soil seems good here.Any info on the classic t2 is appreciated, I've read some I could find,but not much new.thanks.

Where you at in pa? I'm from ne pa. I got a new omega 8500 coming from Craig for my boy and I'm excited to see how it performs. This is our first teknetics detector although I have owned fishers before. Was also looking at the t2 but I think the 8500 was more simplified with the ability to make changes for better depth and separation once we get familiar with it. Also has a massive coil selection .
As far As the t2 goes, who else has a top of the line detector still selling great after probably 10 years and have re released it even cheaper than a mid grade detector? It's a proven machine and the fact that teknetics still offers the upgrade to ltd for a couple hundred with extended warranty makes it even more attractive. I still don't know why they don't have that trigger style pinpoint on every detector as it is very handy to have. That was the only thing I don't like about the omega but for my boy the push button might be easier. Either way I think you'll love the t2, people's finds with then speak for it.

I'm indiana county,I've read that at 50 or more disc the t2 classic is better,that's what I'll hafto wait and see

Something to do with the circuitry ..not confirmed by Teknetics...

Well,tracking says it'll be here Friday.the more videos I watch the better this machine seems.I've been trying to find bad review videos,but can't seem to find any.Thats a big plus.I see the tones say 2+ and 3 +.whats the plus mean,if anything?

These pages from the manual might help you with the tone options

I have a original green T2 and its still my all time favourite after all these years,i dont use the stock coil as i am just looking for deep targets over here in the UK,i use the Mars Tiger coil instead of the stock coil and also use the NEL Storm and occasionally i do use the NEL Big coil,the T2 as standard is a pretty deep machine but i mainly run mine on the edge as they say.

My usual every day setting are 85sens,4disc,3tones,7 on the freq shift and Energizer batteries,of course this is mainly used on clear ploughed and pasture land but when the sites are trashy on say a roman/saxon site then i love using the superb 5'' coil which for its size does punch pretty deep but the only downside is that you dont get the ground coverage,but on a trashy site its not all about ground coverage its about getting in between the trash.

at 50 there's a power boost but I've never used it so I don't know how much it helps. when you raise the disc. you will notice a little chatter at 50.

I have the original and I didn't know it even had a frequency shift. how do find it and use it?

chuck said:
I have the original and I didn't know it even had a frequency shift. how do find it and use it?
Here is the T2 manual that you can download http://www.tekneticst2.com/manuals/T2manual-reader.pdf

SkiWhiz said:
chuck said:
Here is the T2 manual that you can download http://www.tekneticst2.com/manuals/T2manual-reader.pdf

Thanks! And thanks to all who responded!

Well,got the t2 classic yesterday,played around in the yard,its a very nice machine.The simplicity of it is awesome,and is it ever a fast machine.Funny how the stock coil has no cover,but the 5 inch does.
I ran thru different settings at high gain,around 85,and it was quite. I didn't go past so I don't know about all the way. Hit my 8 inch coins like a breeze,nice question on it hitting good.I'm impressed, by the value,And can't figure out why it's not spoke of more?
A powerful, deep, light,and lightning fast machine,what's not to like?Big easy to read numbers,well layed out display.If it had a backlight, it would have it all.

I have a question. If I run in disc at 0,is it the same as all metal on this machine?I like the 3 tone in disc,so that's the reason for my question. Thanks

I have seen some argue that all metal and o disc are not the same but I cannot think of anything that o disc would eliminate that would be picked up in all metal. And some like to hunt 0 disc and one tone but 3 tone is great because you don't have to constantly watch the screen to see if its iron.