Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 and Omega 8000 ??

bigholes

I have a T2 on it's way, and have the opportunity to buy a Omega at a real good price. --- Is there a good reason to own both? or are they so very similar that it would be duplication. I hunt coins mainly. Probably will do a little relic hunting this year. Currently have a ML 705 and a Fisher Edge, and a F2. --- I like the Fishers, because we seem to speak the same language. I am not sure what the X-Terra speaks, maybe papiamento? ---- So I'm between a F5, ( I assume it speaks "Fisher"), and the 8000, --- accurate target ID, ease of use, and good depth in avg. soil are my wants. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

I've read good things about the Omega, but there are many, many of us that can vouch for the depth that the T 2 gets. I have done some head to head comparisons between my F 75 and the T 2 and both are very close to equal in all respects. In my ground, I feel the F 75 will get a tad more depth, but both sounded off well enough on a 8" dime to dig it. The F 75 was just a bit louder. By the same token, I used both on an old fairgrounds up in Mn that had some pretty tough ground. Both were g/b near 80 with three bars on the feo meter and in that ground I was digging coins a little deeper with the T 2 then with the F 75???? Good luck with your decision. HH jim tn

Nice review JIm..and yes it does make a difference where you use the two machines. (T2-F75) In my Ground near the Great Lakes T2 is deeper on finds most of the time.

Yet the F75 hears all the T2 does..I think the difference here is the iron..T2 works better and goes deeper near iron targets..The F75 seems to key in on the iron, and you miss a few deeper coins due to masking.. I know, I know, the way their built you would expect the F75 to always be deeper.. ???????????????

I am actually thinking along very similar lines, i.e. purchasing both the F-75 and the Omega 8000. These units appear to have very similar operating characteristics except the iron range is more expanded on the Omega/T2 and the pull tab/nickle range is more expanded on the F-75.

Given that they also have very different operating frequencies I think the F-75 and Omega would complement each other well and it would be good to use both on a given site to maximize finds.

The fact they have similar feature sets should help learn both machines in a shorter timeframe. From what I read the Omega is typically a quiter and slightly less deep machine than the F-75, my thinking is that maybe the Omega is the better choice for those sites such as urban parks, home sites and tot lots then using the F-75 mostly for rual relic hunts where its performance can be used to the max without any EMI concerns.

That's my 2 cents worth. I welcome feedback on those who have used both regarding the logic of this plan.

Regards,

Keith

That's a great question and your and Keith's thoughts around the Omega being a wise choice to compliment the T-2 or F-75 are right on track based on my experience. I try and resist "pigeonholing" a detector into single catagories such as relic or coin because the key is gaining the experience in multi situations. Having said that, I continue to check real time in ground targets (mostly coins around here) with the Omega or Gamma against the T-2, F-75, Explorers, X-Terras, Aces, et all and the operating characteristics of the Omega and Gamma continue to rise to the top, especially in deep old coin hunting in trashy areas which is exactly where most of the remaining ones are. The audio it has will consistantly make me stop and further investigate tough targets that others won't. One of the more famous detecting resources touts "effective depth", which is basically if you can't hear it in a way that makes you stop and really work through the multi-targets, you will miss a lot. I couldn't agree more with that concept and the Omega/Gamma are my best coin hunting friends for that. It's not JUST about the speed of the detector or sweep speed or coil size and design but more about the total package. Now for my usual disclaimer...opinions and preferences may and will vary. If you're willing to do the work required to develop your own opinions based on actual personal field experience, you'll enjoy this hobby up to its potential.