Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 2 tones question

Deese

When you select two tones on the t2 when does the tone break at 40 or lower,or higher? If you ran it with no disc in two tones wouldnt that be alot like the gold bug se? I have a new GB SE and I have been using it with the disc on 30 and I have not dug any iron yet,dug alot of brass screws in with big nails though. I may be trading my Nexus for a T2 which is what I was going to get before I saw the GB SE.

I don't know the answer to your question. I do know that the low iron tone on the F75 is 15 and under so that is probably about right on the T2. Couldn't you raise the disc to 40 and see if the grunt goes away? Dankowski would probably know the answer to this question. Just google Tom Dankowski. I'd add a link but I don't think it would be the thing to do... he has a small forum mainly dedicated to Tirst Texas Products and he usually knows all the technical stuff... but Dave Johnson may know too and he posts on here. IIIRC, he designed the T2.

Tom says that optimum unmasking for the T2 is with the disc set on 21 and using ONE tone because any other tone scheme will default the disc higher because of the iron grunt... which means that the breakpoint on the T2 is a bit higher than 21... that I can tell you for sure. With the F75 optimal disc for unmasking with ONE tone is 6 and one the Omega-8000 it is disc=16 with ONE tone.

I would wager that the breakpoint on the T2 is 40... then again I am not sure because both the T2 and the Omega-8000 have an iron range from 0 to 40 but (according to Toms testing) the best disc, posted above, is different for the T2 and Omega.

The T2 will not perform like a GBSE. The GBSE and the coming G2 use dual processors and run on a higher frequency... they are different... and I want one!

Julien

n/t

in 2 tone you have a very low sound for iron and to me a medium sound for everything else. 40 disc. knocks out all iron. i think the ltd in boost is 2 tone. i haven't used mine much but i sometimes get what sounds like a higher tone. i haven't had a chance to check it out but i think it may be very shallow targets.

I believe when it falls 21 or lower it produces a low grunt..21 or over will produce a grunt but not quite as low....
Ill have to pay attention to that 1 for you but at the low grunts like that im not usually following my screen...
They say thats why it produces that low grunt so you only have to look down at the screen at the higher tones.
Hope i helped a little..
John

It can sure get puzzling at times, but in the end many of us decide that we 'need' at least two detectors for a lot of versatility. :clapping:

Deese said:
When you select two tones on the t2 when does the tone break at 40 or lower,or higher?
Honestly, I usually search in the 2+ Audio Tone with a T2, or d2 with my Omega or Gamma. Unless I am going after generally shallower modern coins where I will run in a multi-Tone ID selection, the dual-tone audio alerts me to possible iron trash. Note that I said 'possible' because any metal target can mask a desired metal object. When I get the hint that I've encountered probably iron junk, I can slow down and work the coil around the targets and listen for any audio response that might suggest a desired target to be nearby.

I choose to use a 2-tone audio response for the very reason that I AM searching in an iron-infested site, and also because I usually search without any Discrimination. That way I am alerted to potential iron present and then I know that iron is there and I can better deal with it in the coil used and the search coil presentation. If I find myself becoming annoyed by problem iron, and FOR ME that is iron nails, then I increase the Discrimination just to the point where I just reject a surface nail. When Iron nails are rejected I won't hear a low-tone 'iron' response from them, but I might get a low-tone response from larger iron.

I find it more important to know what your Discrimination level setting is than just where the Tone ID switches. If the low-tone response associated with iron sounds off under '40' VDI's and I have rejected iron nails, then I know I might have encountered a larger iron target. It can cause more target masking than a small iron nail so I can decide how I want to deal with it. If I was searching with a higher rejection level, such as set at '40' to knock out all iron (even if there isn't any larger iron present), I could easily miss a desired target. That's true with anyone searching with any make or model an relying on a high rejection level. I use only as much as I really need, and only when the trash level is enough to annoy me.

pull tab mel said:
If you ran it with no disc in two tones wouldnt that be alot like the gold bug se? I have a new GB SE and I have been using it with the disc on 30 and I have not dug any iron yet,dug alot of brass screws in with big nails though. I may be trading my Nexus for a T2 which is what I was going to get before I saw the GB SE.
I haven't used the Gold Bug SE, but if you're searching with a discriminate level high enough to knock out nails and similar smaller iron, then you won't hear it. When the rejection knocks out iron, then there isn't a good purpose in using 2-Tone Audio. Remember, 2-Tone ID is just that ... ID ... and you have to accept the iron for the Audio Tone circuitry to ID it. if you're not hearing the nails and other iron but the GBSE is finding you good targets, then it's working for you. In some applications you might want to search with a lower Disc. setting. It's all a personal thing.

Monte

PS; The T2 would be a compliment to the GB-SE in some ways, for sure. Just remember, there is no 'perfect' detector out there. In my future travels I know I'll likely be outfitting myself mainly with my Omega and the G2 as I'd bet they will compliment each other well, and work with the coils they share.

I only differ in that when I choose to reject nails (usually disc of 16) I switch to the d1 tone option simply because it is somewhat similar in function to single tone machines. The main difference being that because of the cleaner iron rejection and simply the way these new detectors work, you don't get the pops and clicks from bleed thru of partially rejected iron of the older single tone machines, which I actually kinda miss. There is just something (satisfying?) about picking out the better sounds of non-ferrous from the pops and clicks of partially rejected iron. The new GB and yet to be released G2 with the sliding tone break based on target phase seems to be a step in the right direction in iron handling.

For when I want to hear all or some of the iron below that 16 setting I'm with you, d2 is the way to go.

Tom

that is generally when I am working a site that has a dense scattering of nails (mainly iron) and not much other annoying iron trash. If it is only nails (maybe 90% of the time) that bugs me, then I'll adjust to 16/17 to knock them out and I might select d1 simply because there isn't much other iron to produce the low bass-tone audio.

Unfortunately, many or the iron infested sites I hunt still have ample iron that reads in 20's or maybe even low-to-mid 30's, so I prefer the d2 Audio Tone to help alert me that it's likely iron trash.

Regardless if we opt for d1 or d2, or even the d3 or d4 choices, it's nice that the Omega and Gamma still provide us that versatility of choice. :thumbup:

Monte

Sorry I have been away,had to go out of town to visit mom. And to try out the GB SE on the worst site I have ever seen.Its a good machine I learned alot about it this weekend.I was able to dig mostly non ferrous,I tried several different disc settings.The iron is unbelievable in this place. Nails come out of the hole with every target bar none.Big iron is the norm,flat iron and tin will test your back.I ended up using disc at 50 most of the time which drops the audio from 1-10 all together and11-50 is low tone over 50 is high tone.I took sat afternoon to dig big iron just to learn the machine a little,there is something to be said about sweep speed on the gbse. with the settings above and a brisk sweep speed which is recomended will high tone on iron starting around 2sq in surface area maybe a little smaller.If you slow that sweep speed down it will tell you its iron,It may high tone two way and low tone the other way or any combination of highs and lows.The random-ness is a good indicator its iron.I dug about 20 lbs to test it. The machine doesnt want to hit on a full horse shoe on those settings but if you swing that coil quick it will hit it,I dug 2 unbroken shoes same thing both times.The biggest problem I had was finding clean ground to ground balance,I am not convinced that I had it right all weekend.I saw it move from 40's to 60's on different areas of the same site.I am not sure how to combat this,i walked around 10 minutes when i first got there in all metal looking for a clean spot,I didnt find one, just tried to get in between two signals to balance it. I think I will trade for the T2,I would like an Omega but the T2 is available for trade.