Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T-2 settings for rings.....

pennystock

i am basically a coinshooter when it comes to the T-2 so i dont have alot of swing time looking for rings, but a person asked for my help to locate a ring.........just wondering what you think my settings should be and any tips would be greatly appreciated.thank you for your suggestions in advance.

if its a recently lost ring and gold. i would set the disc. at 40 to knock out iron and you'll have to check every signal except maybe the very highest coin readings. if its silver it would probably be anywhere above nickle.

thanks chuck.......i was notching out below a nickel, and i didnt want to let the cat out of the bag but its 4 rings and ive already found 2. both were silver..........its the gold ring i cant find but maybe someone already did the day it was lost wich was a month ago........ill give it another shot this weekend...........

I think its still there! If somebody else was hunting, they would have certainly hit those silvers you found. If the gold is small, it will be a foil signal...good luck!
Mud

there was a good sized crowd at this event where this girl had them.............ill dig everything though.........thanks for your reply..........

If'n it is a small 14K gold ring such as worn by a lady it could register in the "foil" target ID. Not an easy target.
If it had a stone with it, I hope it was not a valuable one... It is a challenge... go for it!

If'n it is a small 14K gold ring such as worn by a lady it could register in the "foil" target ID. Not an easy target.
If it had a stone with it, I hope it was not a valuable one... It is a challenge... go for it!

I'm not a jewelry hunter, but I do dig a lot of small buttons that have similar characteristics for metal detecting. I have also done a lot of bench testing ID numbers with other detectors but not yet with the T2.

My only advice is to make sure that you dig any targets with an ID above 40. Many of my tiny buttons have had numbers as low as 46-48. On my White's these would fall into the negative numbers....some well into the ferrous range. The same goes for tiny gold charms and especially thin gold chains.

I have found using my early T-2 (with the pultab mod) set to foil and in tone 3 a pretty good setting
and using the small 5-inch coil pretty good in finding small 14 K gold items.

this is the first time i've ever heard of a pulltab mode. why did they stop making it. thanks

Actually I believe the mod was soon an update as part of later T2 production. If'n your T2 is not an early
one you will have the "revision" and maybe even more smaller "changes" that are not mentioned. Personally
while I paid $50 for the mod I was not having trouble with bottlecaps and I now believe the modification was
a trade off and maybe I should not have mine moded. But who knows? I'm most happy with my T2 and now
mostly use the small "sniper" coil with it. Thanks chuck and my best to you and yours... js

i get good sounding signals from bottle caps but they read on the meter in the mid 90's and if i check from different angles i usually lose the signal from at least one direction. thanks for your reply.