Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T-2 or minelab safari?

I have used both and IMO if you do a lot of relic hunting get a T-2SE. If you just hunt mostly coins and in and around towns get a Minelab. You need to try a G-2 if you can as they are much much better with EMI issues I really like mine. If I'm after deep silver coins or hunting in a lot of trashy areas I take one of my Minelabs. HH :teknetics::minelab:

There is a pretty good weight difference between the two in mention. Although I have never hunted with a Safari, have with the T2 and hunt with a fellow on occasion that has the Safari and also has the T2. He states the T2 is deeper and better in trash, but the Safari locks on coins better at same depths. He says emi is not an issue with either on the kinds of places he hunts. Which, a lot is on older school yards and ball fields. HH jim tn

Rod,
The T2 is way lighter and eaiser to swing. 5 year warranty, recovers in trash better and the T2 SE in boost mode is crazy deep! If you have any questions or need pricing feel free to contact me. Love to help ya! Bart

Dave J. said:
Orthopedic surgeons and chiropractors recommend Minelabs.

--Dave J.

Hahahahahahhaha LOL..... Good one Dave !! Get the Safari you will need one of the listed above for sure Hahahahahah

I,ve owned a safari,and its a good deep seeking machine,it,s well balanced but still a heavy machine, and i got back ache after using it , every time...oh, and the build quality is second to none.. i,ve now got a t2 ltd,,, it,s well balanced nice and light,build quality no were near as good as minelabs, but brilliant performance, and thats what its all about. i,ve pulled english hammmered 14 century coins at 10 and 11 inches...and to our cousins across the pond, hammered coins are soooo thin.... awesome machine... happy hunting ...BAZ

I use a T2.......my stats....5'10" 160 lbs.........my buddy uses a E-Trac. Of course he is 6'2 & 280 lbs. Something in a size of a Greenbay Packer linebacker. The Minelabs weight doesn't bother him. Does me. You do need to seriously consider the weight/ergonomics issues with Minelabs as that is the main reason users give them up and go to other units. And it is a common thing for Minelab users to switch for this reason. Minelabs are excellent machines but too damn heavy and the balance sucks. Even Minelab owners admit to it. Your call.

Dave you forgot to mention that our MILITARY recommends Minelab detectors to locate explosive devices that could kill or maim our courageous men and women that are fighting for our very freedom to do what we do. HH :usaflag::minelab::teknetics:

No comparison. Go with the T2.

One thing to think about. You never see a T2 for sale on the forum...

yep the minelabs are just too heavy for mere mortals ,i couldn't envisage lugging one around all day .
i tried em at the tector shop and was staggered at the weight of them compared with other makes ,shame because the gubbins are good inside

I have a Safari and it most certainly does have weight and battery issues, but it sure does lock on to coins... If I ever get another detector, it probably will be a T-2 SE unless they up-grade the Etrac.

You laughed pretty hard to yourself when you thought up "Orthopedic surgeons and chiropractors recommend Minelabs". And thanks again for looking over my T2. And get Felix a raise.
And Rod, like Bart said, the T2 is unbelievably light and well balanced. In your 7th straight hour of detecting.....you will truly appreciate Dave J's design efforts on the T2.