Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T-2 Chatter

My T-2 chatters when I set my discrimination to reject everything below nickels. When I drop the discrimination down to 21 it runs smooth and silent. Anybody else experience anything similar to this?? Thanks , Coinshooter-Craig

More depth I think they explained it.

i think once u hit 51 disc the "boostification" kicks in.

I think it's disc under 5 that kicks it in. I always run mine at either 0 or 1 to make sure, & you can really see the difference on a weak signal, but have to bear some constant chatter. So, 21 is a nice place to be though too......that's the setting I use in iron trash. Then when I get away from the iron I thumb it down to 0 or 1.......
HH,
Bill

n/t

I thought I'd just check and make sure that you understood from the replies all that's going on with the T-2's software gain changes. Both Mike and Bill collectively were correct but I wasn't sure if you might have come away thinking it was one or the other. 0 to 5 has the extra gain and then from 6 to 49 it's the "normal" gain and then at 50 it's kicks back up again.

I took a nickle and a yard stick today and tried different settings.. 0 to 5 indeed had higher gain..at 6 machine settled down to stable and less deep.Not by much but a little less on depth reading. This carried on till I Hit 50...and at 51 it was like turning on a TURBO..Wow dramatic increase in depth.I did notice more noise, but nothing that was bothersome. So it does have two areas it Gains out more in 0 to 5 and 50 up..Take it back down to 49 and you can hear the difference, and see the difference on depth using the Yard stick. Take it back down to 5 and it increases again.. This is a very good machine..Lots of Raw depth... and plenty of different settings for hunting just about any where you want to hunt.

Dont forget to set your Frequency to super sensitive! Push the trigger forwardand press the round button F3 will show do it again till F7 shows and there you are! If you set the tone at 1 and keep a sharp eye on the meter you go seriously deep, test the find by changing the tone to 2+ then Dig the high meter readings. Have fun!