Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Swing left- Dig right ???

barberx

Several years ago when I was more active I attended several hunts and discovered lots of contest hunters swing left handed and dig right handed. I adopted this and really works well. Now with age and really bad shoulder I can't do it, need that right arm and shoulder to swing and lay detector down and dig with right hand.
What do most of you do ?????

While thinking back I also remembered those tiny little repeatable signals that turned out to be silver dimes with the old single tone machines and the knock you headset off that was always a screw cap ...and digging silver was no big deal at all. OH the good old days :>).
Richard waiting on an Edge ID to make it happen again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a switch hitter, swing the detector with both arms and dig with what ever hands the digger is in at the time, and yes i too swing the mighty I.D. Edge sword and i think you will like it alot just this weekend the total was $18.42 and 5 rings two toe rings two silver rings and a junker in six hours detecting:thumbup::fisher:

age is a good thing and bad.I'm 60 and hurt every where! i have tore cartilage in both shoulders and tennis elbow..i use the Swingy/Thingy..if not for it my hunting time would stop about 1 hr in to hunt from pain.with it i can hunt for about 3 hrs before pain runes me off the beach! i only see it getting worse from here,but thats life i guess.

I swing right and dig left. I use a Lesche hand digger, and have it mounted on my left side. Since the serrations on the "blade" are on the right side, I dig a "flap", starting at the top left corner, and procede to cut the "flap" counterclockwise. This way the serrations act as a saw to cut through this tough Oklahoma sod. I've done this for so long, at one time, I could detect, pinpoint, drop and recover, then fill in the "flap" in just two minutes, sometimes less if I got lucky.

I'm just a young pup by your standards. I'll turn 35 in March. But, I can already feel "age" starting to creep up on me.

HH from Allen in OK

Allen, probably takes me 2 minutes to kneel down :>),
I like that Lesche too, I carry small screwdriver for pinpointing and a bigger one to try and flip shallow coins out. We are so short on rain soil is super hard.
HH to you too.
Richard

I'm ambidextrous so switch back and forth but usually swing with my left mostly.. I can hunt a lot longer that way. Yeah I remember the days when you could practically scoop the coins up with a shovel. What happened to those great days? :)

Bill