Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SWEET Merc!...and a Rosie, too

Bob in SoMd

Got out after work at a site with some houses being leveled and within 10 minutes had a good hit at 77 along the sidewalk. Out came the Merc which after seeing the bands on the back thru the mud, I carefully put in my pocket away from anything else. So about 20 minutes later, the foreman who I received permission to hunt from walks up and says "Find anything good?"...so, I figured I'd show him the dime. As I handed it to him, and before I could explain that I'd clean it up at home, he wipes it clean with his fingers looking for the date..."NOOOOOOO" went through my mind as I clenched my teeth and smiled...oh well, we had a good chat and I'm welcome back to the site anytime. She's a 1942 and still looks great after the rough treatment.

Then a bit later I was working the curb and I hit a 77-80 that I figured had a chance. Out came the 1948 Rosie. Rescanned the hole and got another 80 which I thought MUST be another silver dime...but then I only pulled out something that looks like a chair leg bottom.

Anyway, here are the pictures. Ended up with 2 silvers, 2 wheaties (1941 and 1946) a bunch of clad and a Timex. Thanks for looking!

[attachment 155041 007.jpg] [attachment 155042 002.jpg]

[attachment 155043 005.jpg] [attachment 155044 006.jpg]

Great shape merc! congrats on the good finds!:thumbup:

Beautiful Mercury dime. My only silver coin to date was a 1922 Merc that is very worn. Hope I can find one like yours someday. Good job.
HH
Scott

Nice finds there! When you were telling about the foreman and taking the Mercury, I also said, "Noooooooo". So many people don't know any better. Thank goodness it was a common date and not that 1916-D that so many of us want to find. With the sidewalks being replaced, you need to set your discrimination to find all! I wonder how many old nickels are thee too. And you never know if anyone back then had dropped an old gold coin. Now that would be a prize for sure! Thanks for posting and I love the pictures. Keep us posted on your finds......Glad you could get out and hunt. HH, Nancy

Thanks all.

Here's a couple of pics of the area I've been working since Sept...

Nice Merc look like newer minty finds.