Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweet Badge and some Wheats

scorpio264

I just got back from a cool hunt. I started out at the far end of an area I just discovered. Since it is a Hospital/Campus the police and security presence was really intimidating. The only place to park is about a quarter mile from my ideal hunting area. After making a few runs through the whole complex I decided to park and work my way to the spot I really wanted to be. The park area where I started gave up a few clads, but the finds were very modern. As I began working the strip between the sidewalk and the street I got passed by security, police, ambulances, fire trucks, doctors and nurses galore. Nobody payed me any mind. I kept getting closer to my target area. I guess I should specify that this area is very open and public. I wasn't sneaking into a closed area or anything. I just did some work on the building across the street and asked the facilities guys if anyone would care if I detected. They gave me more history on the area and told me to go for it. So I felt somewhat more at ease about it.

About 100 feet from my goal I found a 1952 Wheat. I continued hunting with renewed enthusiasm. Slowly working the sidewalk strip I made my way to the buildings slated for demolition. Just then a cop pulls up and stops in the middle of the road. I heard him say something so I took off my headphones. He just asked how I was doing, anything good? "Just a wheat penny so far", he laughed and said any gold found was to be given to him. I told him I'd make sure to find him. We both laughed. He wished me good luck and drove off. Whew!! That always freaks me out. I crossed the street to my new spot. As soon as I got into the front yard the chauffeur badge turned up. I found several more clad pennies but little else. A quick jaunt through an open field and back to the demolition site. 2 more Wheats 1952 and 1941.

Still no silver in the hole, but I will be going back there soon. Since my company maintains their equipment I can keep an eye on any new happenings.

Sounds like a good time and that badge is slick. I bet you will find some silver before too long.