Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweep speed?

Reading the book, actually I guess we are just looking at a picture at this time, it has never been clear to me if it is suppoe to be a second from one side to the other or two seconds from one side to the other? There is an arrow head on each end of the line in the picture. I may be being a little dense on this, but has anybody else havea any guess's on exactly what they mean?

If you look at some of the other Whites manuals, they all say the same thing.

I think it's a blanket statement and that you should go as slow as you need to to not miss stuff and will depend on the site your searching.

Regards,

Kenfen

is what I consider a moderately slow sweep. Not slow and not fast. It all depends on the ground conditions.. mineralization and trash density as to what sweep speed works best. In high trash even with a small coil you still have to sweep slow to allow the machine to recover between targets. You won't approach the MXT's best depth with a slow sweep but you are looking for best seperation not depth in this case. The best way to learn trash hunting is to do what Monte has always said, run the disc at iron nail reject levels and then listen to the detector. If the signals are all running together you need to slow down so that each and every target becomes seperate and distinct. You will hear the nulls on disced out iron yet you will also hear the good stuff right next to it. The MXT is no different than any other good "2 filter" machine when it comes to trash hunting except that it picks up some really tiny stuff.

Tom