Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweep Speed?

Welcome to the Forum Manuller. Some of us like the 5, high pass or low band pass filter best.

hey ya-all been here 30min and found out alto already THANK YOU ALL I glad I am found this place

There's been lot of talk on the forum about using the 5 pass/band filter setting. I've been using the BigFoot coil on the V since they first came out (I have the early "Vision" model not Spectra). This may not apply to all coils, but I found that I could easily out swing the detector with the filter set a 5. I found this out when detecting a sand playground area and volleyball court. I thought "Wow somebody really cleaned this place out". I threw down a dime and could swing right over it without a sound. By bumping the filters back up to 10, it would come in loud and clear. Needless to say, I had to go back over there I had already detected and I pulled about 20 coins out of a rather small 20' x 60' area. I like the 5 Pass filter when using a small coil in high trash areas where I'm moving slowly, but it's definitely not for eventhing.

Tom will also find that too many people are just swinging too fast period. Learning to slow down is why some of us are doing better on the deeper and harder to find targets. Swinging fast with the V is fine for the shallow targets. I can find the 6" or less coins with almost any of the programs and filters. It's when you get deeper that the 5khz really shines. Of course if you are swinging the bigfoot ou aren't trying to get maximum depth. Rob

Rob's correct on that. If you want to go deep, you need to go slow and that's where the lower filters will really help out. If you're looking for recent drops, shallow jewelry, hunting tot lots, etc. the higher filters may work better for you. Most importantly, try the different filter settings for your type of hunting. If you get what you think is a deep target, try different filter settings to see which one gives you the best signal for your swing speed and conditions.