Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:surrender: confused but still wondering

TwT

Hi, I have been looking into buying my first detector and can't figure out which will best fit my needs, seem all brands have some very good detectors that will fit my needs, I am wanting to buy a single detector to mostly relic hunt, but also want to hunt beaches and some prospecting, I was just wondering how the T2 would do for what im looking for... there are 4 other models I have been looking at teroso tejon and Vaquero, white's MTX and Nautilus IIb... I heard the nautilus isn't very good at beaches but is very good on relic hunting... any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Hello TwT

Welcome to the hobby of metal detecting, It

Thanks for the input,,, that gives me something to think about, I at lest thought 1 of those would work in wet sand, thanks again

so since nobody has added any good reports about the T2 being good in wet or black sand, I take it as it isn't the do it all detector I wanted it to beso I will look to something else.. thanks all for your help.

Hello TwT,

I too was hoping others would jump in or at least wish you good luck starting off in the hobby, A very wonderful relaxing sport once you get over the learning curve at the beginning.

Not any detector can do it all but here

Welcome to the hobby of metal detecting it's a great hobby and sport.You can make it anything you want casual to completely obssesed.I fiqure I'm somwhat toward the obssesed:crazy:I've been at it 20 years and still can't wait to get out every chance I get.

Out of the detectors you mentioned non will really do well on wet salt beaches .I've owned all the ones you've mentioned and the tejon [I had 3 thinking I was missing somthing] just never cut it in our red geoegia clay. The Vaquero worked o.k. but I swear it was the slowest sweep machine I ever used just a little too quick and it would miss targets in even open areas.MXT some swear buy them and there built with white's quality but if i was going to swing the MXT in iron filled sites i belive I would need a nerve pill just too noisy with the mixed mode threshold and disc running in unisom alot like the nautilus 2b bt the nauilus just seems too have a better dual mode this being because it is actually all metal and discrimination running seperately at the same time its actually 2 detectors at once unlike the mxt which may sound like it but its all operting off the same channel and letting a computer chip process the info.T-2 is the absolute best at pulling brass out of iron bar non.its probably the easiest to manually ground balance the mxt does it with an auto tracking unit but its the easiest manual ground balance you can find.

Non will run in wet sand exceedingly well .

You're just starting out and relic hunting is my forte' as well. Nothing compares to digging history.Beach hunting and prospecting I do'nt really know much about.But in all honesty i belive the T-2 would be just awesome at prospecting since it loves the small low conductors.

But if you want to jump in and go for it man get the T-2 dig your first relic and beach hunting wont even cross your mind. theres already alot of great post on this site that can get you going and you can e-mail me anytime and I will try and answer any question you have or just post up your questions and someone will answer .

Just remember It's all about enjoying the hobby the way you want to you can make it whatever you want.It's not about the competition or the brand wars just have fun and enjoy the thrill of the hunt nothing compares to a great find .After that you're always chasing that high and ever once in awhile you get the rush you're after somtimes you top it then the chase begins again.

Good Luck

Keith Southern

Old California is right, the Explorer is one the best machines for the beach. I've had the Explorer XS for about 8 years and love it for the beach and relic hunting until I got the T2. The T2 run circles around the Explorer at relic hunting, but the Explorer runs circles around the T2 at the beach. The T2 is my relic machine and the Explorer is my beach machine and it gets the deep targets. I had the T2 at the beach last weekend to see how it would work and it worked ok, but I don't think you can turn the sensitivity up high enough to get the deep targets and you can on the Explorer. good luck.