Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Surprise, Surprise, Surprised!

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,

Hope you all are well.
Still very hot and dry here. The hours between 11 am and 8 pm are near impossible.
Saturday morning I put down a couple quarts of water and quart of sport drink and still suffered from dehydration sickness.
It was my fault for staying out till noon...and not putting down a couple more quarts of the wet stuff. Eventually I'll learn.

Seen a few gold finds on here recently and so that was the order of the day. Think of a place that I've hunted but think there might be some yellow stuff hiding.

So Saturday morning stop for a taco and next to the register is this 5$ bill taped with a sign that says "FAKE" and so i look at it for a second and offer to trade for my own five bill and after a bit of hesitation the cashier accepted. Too bad they marked it up with a fake bill pen...found some silver and didn't even have to dig. Surprise.
[attachment 206761 005.JPG]

Well i get to my spot, jewelry mode on and within a couple minutes a clear bell and out pops out a wheat cent...I've gone over this ground two maybe three times already. Never has it been this barren though...a few tufts of dry grass and dirt. So I'm diggin lots and start finding wheat cents that aren't bell toning....just making a hard beep. hrmm...keep diggin and out pops '50 rosie...Surprise. Again, i've already gone over this same ground on at least two previous occasions. I'm lookin for gold.

I keep diggin and pickin up lots of slaw and no yellow...its gettin late and really heating up so i make a line for the exit which kind of intersects where i started and i get a good bell quarter signal shallow. A silver quarter first of the year two or three inches deep. But I've already gone over this ground a couple times. Surprised! needless to say i hit this spot hard pulled out some more beep wheats and exceeded dehydration threshold...
[attachment 206762 019.JPG] [attachment 206763 034.JPG]

To add i would like to say that this is one of my draws to this hobby.....not the getting dehydrated part. Whether you go out looking for something specific or think that you've searched an area hard that by putting yourself out there your chancing an opportunity to be surprised and happening upon these surprises is FUN.

Enjoy the pics and happy hunting!

A Nice surprise though.

Great finds, congrats...

ROFL at today's cashiers...actually, it's more like a *sigh*.

Their manager should have known better, and besides, you contact law enforcement or the Secret Service if you suspect it's counterfeit, you don't tape it to the register with "FAKE" on it.

The picture does remind me of how beautiful our early currency was. Too bad paper isn't worth anything nowadays...

- Muddyshoes

:usmc:

Isn't that something. Makes me wonder whose Curtain Climber pilfered the parents keep sakes and coin collection to buy some fast food. Great you recognized it for what it is. Too bad about the authentication pen mark. Have not seen a Silver Back in years.