Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Surf Pro?

pmike

Having recently made the purchase of used WShite's Surf Pro PI, I recall reading somewhere about converting it's shaft to a straight one? Can anylone tell me who sells the straight shaft and how difficult it is to make the change. One other thing as well, what color is the correct gasket or O-ring to assure me that it won't leak?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

There is a seller on ebay who makes straight shafts for many different metal detectors including the White's Surf PI Pro. I have a Surf PI Pro and thought his shaft looked and sounded good and he had good feedback from buyers but I have not actually seen or touched one. I don't see any being offered currently on ebay but you might check there periodically.

Thanks for the info.I did a search on Ebay and found some rods that use a tall man bottom section from Whites, that is fitted into an aluminum upper section. The price is about $65.00 and seems reasonable.

Mike

pmike said:
One other thing as well, what color is the correct gasket or O-ring to assure me that it won't leak?

A black o-ring is an older one, an orange o-ring is a new one, so you'll want orange.

pmike said:
Thanks for the info.I did a search on Ebay and found some rods that use a tall man bottom section from Whites, that is fitted into an aluminum upper section. The price is about $65.00 and seems reasonable.

Mike

That sound exactly like the one I saw on ebay. If you get one, would you mind posting a review because I am still interested in one myself?

n/t

I think Mr. Bill mods the Surf PI to respond more like the Surf Pro PI. I don't believe he has a mod for the Surf Pro PI but you can check for yourself at www.surfscanner.com

beernutz said:
I think Mr. Bill mods the Surf PI to respond more like the Surf Pro PI. I don't believe he has a mod for the Surf Pro PI but you can check for yourself at www.surfscanner.com

The guy above told me to send my Dual Field to Mr. Bill. Why should I ?! It is not that I do not want to pay for some service, but what is he supposed to do to my DF to improve it? It does not void my warranty?

Just a quick thanks for all the input and suggestions. I went to Boaters World and bought one of the tubes mentioned and am looking at my options in using it. Has anyone tried painting the aluminum? I used some Rustoleum on my stand I made for my DFX and so far, so good. I am wondering how well paint will adhere to the tubing??? I also tried to check a local Sports Authority in search of a handle bar extension to use as a handle for the shaft. So far I have not been able to find one yet. I suppose I will be able to get one at a bike shop or online but am open to suggestions?

Thanks & God Bless,
Mike

Special paint is required for aluminum. Rustoleum will likely rub right off.