Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Surf PI Dual Field vs. Sand Shark

Lash

Surf PI Dual Field or Sand Shark or ? What would be your weapon of choice for S. Cal. beaches?

Either one will do well in the right hands, however I have heard, and this is just hearsay, but the DF is not great in black sand. I don't understand how that can be, but I have spoken to many people who all say that. You may not have BS in your area and may never have an issue with it, but if you do then I would recommend the SS. If money is an issue, Sand Shark all the way. If you plan on diving more than 25 feet, Sand Shark. I love mine!

I have a Whites dual field PI and the first place I hunted has black sand. The machine handled it without any problems. Actually so did the Surfmaster PI (original) I once used for years... nes

I really the sea hunter, I don't know if you considered that one , you can change the coils and headphones , and the water tight bulk head between the batteries and the brains, the non motion standard mode is nice , but good luck on your choices , hank

I have the whites PI DF, I love it. Super deep though as I have more than once spent about 20 mins digging a hole to china to recover small targets. I have used it at the beach only a hand full of times while on vacation and primarily in fresh water lake and the like here at home so you can imagine the amount of digging I do. Over all in MHO it is a great choice.