Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Surf Master II

Harry Kilmer

Hello Folks,

Anyone here ever used a Surf Master II on dry land?

It has the Amphibian II coil. It wasn't working so I sent it in to White's for service.

I am new at this, wanted to get into treasure hunting and was able to get this SurfMaster II for $5.00, but it didn't work.

I live in Wabash, Indiana, but it looked like a good buy. The owner said it only needed new bat tries, but that didn't work.

Can anyone give me any HELP.? I can hardly wait to get it back!!

Thanks to all.

Give Mr. Bill a ring he should be able to help you out. You Will spend some money to get it going but for 5 bucks? even if you spend a 100 to get it going good that would be a good deal. You will also see his advertisement in the PI section in the list of forums.

Mr.Bill@Surfscanner.com

good luck

I have one and it works great in freshwater. If you rotate the batteries, they last a long time. Hope you get it back soon! :)

I had mine modded by Mr.Bill several years back to make it deeper and more sensitive to gold. It was done at a reasonable cost too.

n/t

and it is great on land and freshwater. After you get it back, Call Mr. Bill and he will tune it so it's like a hotrod.

:jump: Well friends I took your advice and sent my Surf Master II in to Whites for repair.
I sent it by USPS, it took 3 days to get to them. Three days later they called and said it could be repaired.
I told them to take care of it and charge my Master Card, they said OK and that it would be sent back on the
next Tuesday,that was the day after July 4th, It was repaired and sent out to me on Tues. as they agreed to.

:rant: Well the Surf Master II was sent back by UPS. (BAD BAD BAD):hot: They Lost it and it took 2 week to
get back home to me, I am so happy :clapping: It was like finding a lost wife, you know what I mean?:angel:

Now the fun starts, I need to find out how to use it!! HELP HELP can anyone Help me ? I found the Field Evaluations
on the Internet and printed it out. I could not find any other info, on the Surf Master II. This model is not made now.

:detecting:Can anyone help me get started ??

I have a Surf Master II its a great machine, when i fresh water hunt i keep the discrimenation off and if i get a signal i click it on , if if rings at all even a cherp i dig it , this way you will omit bobby pins. If you use it on land put down a pull tab and tune your machine till it rejects them, you may also loose some nickles doing so , or put down a nickle and turn up the disc. till it rejects it and back it off a hair this way you will get nickles and rings on land. Good Luck!

I have a Surf Master II its a great machine, when i fresh water hunt i keep the discrimenation off and if i get a signal i click it on , if if rings at all even a cherp i dig it , this way you will omit bobby pins. If you use it on land put down a pull tab and tune your machine till it rejects them, you may also loose some nickles doing so , or put down a nickle and turn up the disc. till it rejects it and back it off a hair this way you will get nickles and rings on land. Good Luck!
Heres just a samll amount of my surf master II finds.....:thumbup:

Owned the same unit since 1984 she still works great . I use mine in the dry sand at the beach and in the wet sand it works OK but you have to tweek the sens.