Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:super::detecting:Old field, NEW machine! DAY2!

duclaw

Hey jimmyk! Thanks for correcting my error yesterday re: my walking liberty typo as either it or the subliminal message brought me some luck!!!! I had about 1 1/2 hours today to hit the park again. Of course I started with my custom silver program and it got me some clad and 3 Wheaties...1956, 1954 and the best one a 1930D, but no silver. The heat was getting to me and it was about time to leave when I was on the side of the park farthest from where I parked. I was tempted to just shut the V down and walk straight there when I decided to give High Pro a shot since Larry likes it so much! I was about 50 ft from my truck when I got a good audio/video hit with a VDI of 85. Usually my quarters, regardless of depth ring out at 83(very occasionally 84) and my test garden sampling on a walking liberty was always 87 so I had no idea what I was hitting. I'm a big fan of analyze, but when I used it here it came up looking ugly and said the target was very small.....I'm now more confused. I pinpointed it(was using the stock DD coil that I personally find not quite as accurate as a concentric as far as pinpointing goes) and it said it was 4 1/2" down. I dug a plug, pulled it out and immediately scanned the plug with my pinpointer....nothing. I was then about to check the hole with the pinpointer when what did I see...........this beauty COMPLETELY on EDGE in the side wall of the hole! Luckily I just missed scratching it up with my land shark digger! Again, I wished I had a camera as this coin could not have been any more vertical. So despite the "bad" analyze waves, the size was spot on! I'm liking this High Pro so far! BTW, the VDI's on the quarters yesterday were 83 on each. Can't wait to get back there....maybe tomorrow if it's not too hot/raining!

Glad I could be of service. It's only a small distinction between "walking" and "standing". Either one is a super find. Congrats on your half dollar. Always a sweet find. You obvioulsy have a great spot. Hit it hard before someone else with a "V" starts to pound it. The more I use my "Vision" (yes, I have one of the originals) the more I like it for coins. Jury is still out as to whether it will be my relic machine. So far, using it in my test garden, I'm not sold on it, but this Fall I'll give it a fair test in the field, keeping an open mind. I'm getting one of the "V" balanced 12" super coil, and will see how that will perform on relics.

Keep on diggin' and keep us posted on any other silver finds. Still looking for my first, but know it's not far away.

jimmyk in Missouri

Well...looks like kudos to you both are in order! Your "Walker" grades a minimum of F 18 and could be a full VF. (Kinda hard to tell as it is hard to see if there is any swell/slight raise along the base of the bottom breast line and...is there any line left between her foot and the line she is standing on?) Has more of a feel of a full VF anyways.

Larry has been dead on in advising the use of High Pro for general searching! You've inspired me duclaw...gonna hit the turf this evening!

Conjgrats on the very nice find. Looks nice just the way it is!

I'm glad you dug the odd VDI and Analyze target..............:devil:.....:poke:. That is why I don't put too much weight on the the accuracy of ANY of the tools available to us. They are just that, tools to help us make a decision. If it sounds good and I think maybe........I dig. Congratulations again Duclaw.

nw1886 said:
Well...looks like kudos to you both are in order! Your "Walker" grades a minimum of F 18 and could be a full VF. (Kinda hard to tell as it is hard to see if there is any swell/slight raise along the base of the bottom breast line and...is there any line left between her foot and the line she is standing on?) Has more of a feel of a full VF anyways.

There is on both accounts. Although I only actively collect Lincoln Wheat Cents I do have some skill at grading....you are correct in my opinion...VF20 she is. Sent out my coupon for the Super 12" today....can't wait to slap that puppy on and hit this field!

Larry (IL) said:
I'm glad you dug the odd VDI and Analyze target..............:devil:.....:poke:. That is why I don't put too much weight on the the accuracy of ANY of the tools available to us. They are just that, tools to help us make a decision. If it sounds good and I think maybe........I dig. Congratulations again Duclaw.

Soooo true Larry. Trust me, there was no way I wasn't digging it...just threw out the specifics mainly to show that the sizing tool the V provides us can be very useful. You take that, along with the wave form(s), VDI, video, audio, etc and you can then make the best decision based on ALL of them. Love this machine more and more everyday! Thx for the Kudos all....I hope there's still more there!

To be honest, once I saw the "size" of the object, it grabbed my attention and thus I didn't pay attention to the exact wave form like I wished I had. Not to mention I was roasting in the the heat!:hot:

Silver Halves are always special to recover...and mighty pretty, too!! Congrats:thumbup: