Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SUPER DAY FOR ME !!!.............

[attachment 13454 122005PRfinds.JPG]
Went back to the "briar patch" where I was digging the cannonball fragments the other day and continued where I had left off.Worked it slow and from every direction known to man. Found 5 more of the case shot, a few DEEP Minie's , 2 more ball frags ,AND THE FUSE !!!

[attachment 13455 122005fuseasdug1.JPG][attachment 13456 122005fuseasdug2.JPG][attachment 13457 122005fuseasdug3.JPG]

These pics are just the way it looked when it came out of the ground.

[attachment 13458 122005fuseclean.JPG]

After a very mild bath, you can still see remnants of whatever type sealant they used on the threads to keep the ball watertight.The fuse is a first for me, and if there were any deer hunters within a mile of where I was. they wont see no deer today,(maybe not for a week)the way I was yellin' and jumpin' around. Thats a early birthday present for me, from my X-5 and a nice addition to my relic case.Congrats to all on your finds and HH..."Doc"