Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunspot Scoops good on gravel?

Speaking of scoops - I am about to order a Sunspot Stealth scoop to be sent to me in Germany. Is it OK in the sand, even though it doesn't have a "lid" on the top? How is it in the gravel? That's the main thing we have here. There are some incredible places to hunt with tons of signals in the deep, that we just can't recover targets from, due to the gravel. So far I just haven't seen anything else that might do the job any better.

I hunt in gravel all the time... Just make sure your scoop is stainless or has a stainless lip or you will whittle down an aluminum scoop in no time at all :) Edited to add you can order the stealth with a top...

I use mine alot of times in a clay/gravel/large stone mix and as long as you can wiggle it around it works great.My buddy and I both beat the heck out of them with no problem.Works easily in just plain gravel just have to sort the larger stones out as with any scoop